Papa John’s delivery driver shoots robbery suspect (She did good)

A few years ago I read an article that said the murder is the #1 cause of occupational death for women. Jobs like this, as well as convenience store clerk or hotel desk clerk on the night shift are horribly dangerous for everyone, but more so for women.

The corporate policy BS is the same in most corporations and the same approach the gun grabbers use, basically everyone is guilty so they can't have guns. The lawsuits would come from employees shooting other employees or customers and the company being held liable for it. There is a lot of blame to go around on this one, effing ambulance chasing lawyers, government rules and regulations, sue happy public and spineless corporations.

Good for her for saving her own life

IN THE FACE!

Someone found 24-year-old Donquaz Stevenson in a nearby yard suffering from a gunshot wound to his face area after being shot by the delivery driver.

Someone found 24-year-old Donquaz Stevenson in a nearby yard suffering from a gunshot wound to his face area after being shot by the delivery driver.

Did they tell him "Donquaz, whatdamatter with you, you look like you've been shot in the face"

They don't have one near where I live, so I can't really give them my business. I did "Like" them on Facebook. I encourage other shooters to do the same. They deserve positive reinforcement.

Another aspiring rapper gunned down while on his was to church to light a candle for his mother I bet. Where are "black lives matter"?

I can't believe she would shoot the black man. Didn't she get the memo about "black lives matter"? I hope she thinks twice the next time she's forced to defend herself from someone with a black life.

Also, why does the gender of the driver ****ing matter??

Her gender doesn't matter to me, it may have mattered to "one more hole in my head" that chose her as his victim. It may matter to women who may be informed by an example of successful self help.

I'm going to save a link to this, not so much as a 'good guy stops bad guy' example (though it is that), but more for the next time a friend asks why I fall to the ground on the range and shoot from my side or between my legs. People knock training that involves more diverse positions, but she had to shoot from her back and landed her shot (another article details that she shot from her back on the ground). Guessing she didn't train in that position, but it makes sense to. Not everyone will be lucky enough to land a shot from there.

I'm going to save a link to this, not so much as a 'good guy stops bad guy' example (though it is that), but more for the next time a friend asks why I fall to the ground on the range and shoot from my side or between my legs. People knock training that involves more diverse positions, but she had to shoot from her back and landed her shot (another article details that she shot from her back on the ground). Guessing she didn't train in that position, but it makes sense to. Not everyone will be lucky enough to land a shot from there.

Didn't even know ranges allowed that type of thing.

Didn't even know ranges allowed that type of thing.

Mine doesn't care much what you do so long as you're controlled, hitting the berm, and your weapon and activity are legal. When the range is empty I go running back forth left and right, all over our 100 yard range and shoot rifle/pistol/shotgun in various positions, using target stands as "cover". The range wouldn't be of much use to me if I couldn't actually train. I don't see the point of square-range shooting beyond learning/practicing fundamentals. Poking holes in paper can't go that far towards training your mind and body for responding to a real world threat.

They don't have one near where I live, so I can't really give them my business. I did "Like" them on Facebook. I encourage other shooters to do the same. They deserve positive reinforcement.

I'd rather them relax their corporate gun policy before I start to giving them extra support....if anything for the Drivers since it is common knowledge the are at high risk.

I'd rather them relax their corporate gun policy before I start to giving them extra support....if anything for the Drivers since it is common knowledge the are at high risk.

I share your preference. I was so surprised they didn't fire her, I wanted to do something to applaud that decision.

I don't think the corporate policies will change until the liability due to disarmed employees being hurt exceeds the liability from armed employees.

I wonder how we could help make that happen...

Mine doesn't care much what you do so long as you're controlled, hitting the berm, and your weapon and activity are legal. When the range is empty I go running back forth left and right, all over our 100 yard range and shoot rifle/pistol/shotgun in various positions, using target stands as "cover". The range wouldn't be of much use to me if I couldn't actually train. I don't see the point of square-range shooting beyond learning/practicing fundamentals. Poking holes in paper can't go that far towards training your mind and body for responding to a real world threat.

[thinking] Interesting...

[thinking] Interesting...

You disagree? In my case the two range safety officers have been present and watching a number of times while I do various maneuvers, and have seen I'm safe. I see it like laws. We don't need unnecessary laws on the books and, at the range, there don't need to be rules for or against particular maneuvers. The basic rules cover it. Controlled firing, bullets must impact the berm, basic firearms safety rules, end. If someone is being unsafe you deal with it then (hasn't even happened to my knowledge, and I see plenty of people shooting in dynamic ways).

Back
Top Bottom