• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Panic Buying

TLDR.....I have so much ammo......is there another panic going on now post-Florida?
Right after Sandy hook, I remember out of town faces in a local shop lined up for anything AR. A $600.00 AR went out the door immediately on availability for $1450.00 and 250 round cases of that russian, steel cased .223 were selling rapidly for $250.00 a case. Pretty crazy times.

Still embarrased to say what I paid for a SW M&P15-22 right after Sandy hook, that's ok though, fun gun, I shoot it all the time, it's only money.

TLDR.....I have so much ammo......is there another panic going on now post-Florida?

Still embarrased to say what I paid for a SW M&P15-22 right after Sandy hook, that's ok though, fun gun, I shoot it all the time, it's only money.
Embarrassed to say what I probably paid for the frankengun AR I built after SH. Im sure it would of been cheaper to buy. Enjoyed the experience though, until the cc bill came in.

It is just about impossible to find 80% lowers or Jigs

Yup. People went FR on those almost immediately.

Also, I'm pretty confident that I've got enough ammo to weather a short scare. I know this because the f***ing ammo chest, all the ammo crates, and all the ammo cans I moved in the past three days have damn near crippled me. Jesus ammo is heavy.

There is no lack of ammo and prices aren't bad. It was horrible after SH for a long time..this Florida thing is just being overblown. Liberals are just all upset and this is them venting. I hope all dems run on gun control...unfortunately R still suck.

I feel like I should buy a second modern musket before MA bans all semi auto transfers. SCAR, MCX etc.

Sadly, the old realtor sales pitch might actually apply to long guns now: "Buy now or lose it forever... prices can only go up." Even those gaudy Spikes/Sharps billet lowers selling for $250 in 2016 that everyone made fun off before sure looks good now.

Not to sound gloomy, but if Trump loses in November, expect the Dems to go batsh!t crazy against 2A. If Trump wins, expect BLM/Antifa/Marxists everywhere to riot like it’s 1999.

Bottom line, either way stack ‘em deep.

Spot On!! No matter what happens in November, It's gonna be a $hitshow!!

ah ha! i've learned a lesson this past 6 months. can you all guess what it was? yep, don't be left out, don't be left behind. prep your ass off.
Bingo!

Kinda makes me think that I should have kept all 24k pistol primers that I bought from Shooters Outpost back in March/April....But I split them with friends who needed primers. Then again at the rate I'm shooting, I have enough primers to last the next 3-4 years or so.

Last edited:
My son called earlier. His unit sergeant in the MA National Guard asked him where he could get an AR lower. This fella is a MA cop and can't find anything.

I suggested an 80% lower. I have a jig. But this is getting ridiculous!

He check the roof of squad cars?

Can FFLs get lowers and transfer to LEO?

I keep hearing from friends and reading on some forums about how soon everyone will be "panic buying" before november. I guess I'm just curious on others thoughts on this subject and how likely it is to actually happen because of the election. I sort of missed the last panic buy go round so really not sure what to expect as far as ammo availability and firearm prices but have been slowly stocking up here and there on ammo but nothing crazy. What do you think or expect to happen in regards to "panic buying" over the next 5-6 months?
I hope it happens I’d love to sell some ammo at a 150% markup again

Back
Top Bottom