• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Panera Bread anti gun?

I was at Panera Bread today for a coffee. I had my laptop and decided to check the internet and kill some time. I was using the Panera Bread's Wi-Fi connection. Well, their "security" filter denied me acces to GunBroker, the FiringLine Forums, and EBang. The filter's warning stated firearm related sites are not allowed.[angry]

I won't be going back to Panera Bread anytime soon. I don't need a coffee chain telling me what websites I can look at. Anyone else have the same experience?

I've evaluated about five and installed two or three corporate firewall/blocking products and all of them had a category for firearms.

I was at Panera Bread today for a coffee. I had my laptop and decided to check the internet and kill some time. I was using the Panera Bread's Wi-Fi connection. Well, their "security" filter denied me acces to GunBroker, the FiringLine Forums, and EBang. The filter's warning stated firearm related sites are not allowed.[angry]

I won't be going back to Panera Bread anytime soon. I don't need a coffee chain telling me what websites I can look at. Anyone else have the same experience?

Ask them to remove from the filter, see what they say.

This really sucks. As far as I know, the Nanny apps are configurable so I would assume the restriction was a conscious decision by Panera - especially given the warning message.

They just lost me as a customer [angry]

-Pat

Some flavors you can't just re-create....my wife and I have tried so many times to re-create the creamy onion soup from the Outback....never happened. Sorry, drifting off topic.

Just use an anonymous proxy and screw it back to 'em. In fact -- if they are blocking sites, use the anonymous proxy to use their resources to do..........stuff.

You'll need one that their filter (sonicwall.com) doesn't recognize as a proxy as virtually all of the big blocking services try to keep track of the proxies and block them.

I eat there all the time when I need to grab something at work. Just sent them an e-mail telling them I will be restricting their access to my patronage.

Hmmmm, how about going to.....(drum roll).....

http://www.panerabread.com/about/contact/index2.php

And making a comment/complaint about your experience?

Such as:

I understand through some friends that while using WiFi at their local Panera Bread that they are blocked from firearms-related internet sites. Is this correct? If so, may I ask why Panera Bread feels that it is necessary to restrict which websites that it's loyal customers can access while contributing to the continuing finacial success of your chain?

I look forward to your response.

Frosty

Last edited:
The yuppie douche bag clientele I've seen frequent that place alone is enough to tell me to avoid it.

No offense to those of you who stop in for a sandwich but for the most part, I've seen nothing but the typical elites Obama supporting ass wipes walk in that place to hang out day after day when I'm at the shopping center.

F'em and their bread! I'll go to D'Angelos.

Ray,

Don't you feel the delicious irony of accessing a firearms website in the midst of so-called "yuppie douche bag clientele"?

[rofl]

Nah on both accounts. I'll stick to a sandwich shop where I can eat there with regular blue collar folks like myself.

Besides, if I want really good food I'll make it myself at home to my liking.[wink]

The yuppie douche bag clientele I've seen frequent that place alone is enough to tell me to avoid it.

No offense to those of you who stop in for a sandwich but for the most part, I've seen nothing but the typical elites Obama supporting ass wipes walk in that place to hang out day after day when I'm at the shopping center.

F'em and their bread! I'll go to D'Angelos.

No kidding... the environment of those places is enough to tell you their politics.

I sort of doubt that Panera has some sort of secret goal to hurt the 2A movement by blocking access to NES. It seems far more likely that they just deployed the default content filtering settings....

But, I guess it's more fun to wail and moan and call for unsubstantiated boycotts. Rabble, rabble....

Heck go back there and bring all the gun related reading material you can. I like to leave shotgun news in places where other wise it would never be seen. I also leave the out door messenger in waiting rooms.

I can't complain too much about what they let me use for free while taking up a table in their location.

Oh, sure; inject a note of reason into a feeding frenzy. What a buzzkill.

I like to eat lunch there after the ISA action pistol matches.

Wow...Boycotting a sammich place because of their right to choose what they allow access to in their business? Brilliant. [thinking]

I use their WiFi while enjoying some awesome sammiches...Theur soup is pretty damned good as well. BTW, NES is not blocked at Panera...Perhaps I should half-boycott? I'll skip the soup and just eats me a sammich... That'll fix their wagon...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom