• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pandemic Brand Loyalty

Costco paper products are pretty good. Being TP, paper towels and napkins. Used to only use Scotts, Bounty, etc... but since the shortage, I got a few things to try and surprisingly exceeded my expectations.

Going to venture into other 'Kirkland products each time I visit. Totally sipped and enjoyed the kool aid.

Costco paper products are pretty good. Being TP, paper towels and napkins. Used to only use Scotts, Bounty, etc... but since the shortage, I got a few things to try and surprisingly exceeded my expectations.

Going to venture into other 'Kirkland products each time I visit. Totally sipped and enjoyed the kool aid.

Most Kirkland products are excellent; their booze is great, the food stuffs are as well (tend to be organic...w/o the rapey price) and the chickens are a legendary loss-leader.

Most Kirkland products are excellent; their booze is great, the food stuffs are as well (tend to be organic...w/o the rapey price) and the chickens are a legendary loss-leader.
We saw a documentary oncet about how there's a department of a few dozen people at HQ for product selection.
After they've whittled the prospects down to a few different products,
they have a bake-off in a big conference room where everyone fondles/tries the product.

This is done in parallel for many different products - food, appliances, clothing, etc.

I don't doubt that factors like price and availability are considered,
but when I look at durable goods in the store I hold some faint hope
that what they're selling doesn't suck the most out of all the choices.

Back
Top Bottom