• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pandemic Brand Loyalty

ErnstStavro

NES Member
Most of us are creatures of habit and most likely we have been buying the same products for years. Seeing as some of our favorite brands may have been hard to come by during the pandemic. What have you bought during the pandemic and now buy regularly.

At the super market for me:
Angel Soft TP - Not the softest or strongest but good enough for the kids bathroom
Market Basket Pasta Sauce - Liked it better than Prego

Try not to turn this into aluminum vs brass case :)

Spam
Bar soap
Bleach
Big jars of peanut butter
Fruit preserves
Bulk meats for canning
Dry gravy mixes

That's for starters. We had a bit of an emergency when I became disabled and our stores had a serious draw down but we've since restocked.

If you're the one in charge of preps for your family, have a plan for your absence, insure one or more family members will run a regular, running inventory of all your preps and know where to resupply.

I bought some of those no-name paper towels from Lowes in the plain cardboard box.
If you're thinking about it: Don't. My wife is still pissed at me. [laugh]
You'll have better luck mopping up your counter with construction paper.

One thing I have not seen in literally 6 months in my local supermarkets: Soy-Vey Teryaki.
SO GLAD I stocked up on 8 bottles last year.

Haven't seen yeast in any supermarket for at least a year. Bought a 2-lb brick of it on Amazon before they went full fascist. It should last the rest of my life.

Our goal for this year is to be at least 1/3 self-sufficient for food, and to start chicken, hog and sheep breeding programs. If there is a 2022, we should be in good shape. I need to buy another freezer before they go permanently out of stock just like ammo, which I expect to happen by mid-year.

Haven't seen yeast in any supermarket for at least a year. Bought a 2-lb brick of it on Amazon before they went full fascist. It should last the rest of my life.

Our goal for this year is to be at least 1/3 self-sufficient for food, and to start chicken, hog and sheep breeding programs. If there is a 2022, we should be in good shape. I need to buy another freezer before they go permanently out of stock just like ammo, which I expect to happen by mid-year.

Market Basket has had yeast every time we’ve needed some.

Bounty, purple cottonelle tp, Lysol and Clorox products.

Target store brand paper towels were pretty good to use in a pinch when bounty was sold out.

Cains Mayo. Went for a while where my local supermarket did not have it. And, none of the other stuff even qualifies as mayo as far ass I am concerned. I am now 6 jars (containers? not glass anymore) ahead!

Finagleabagel on sale
Demoulas 2.0l seltzers
Pete's coffee
Sailor Jerry’s Rum

Where have some of these products gone like Fantastic and Cascade powder, have not seen these at Market Basket in months. Are they one of the ingredients in the new vaccine?

All-Clad D5 series... works great with my electric stove & the price seemed more reasonable recently compared to guns & ammo [shocked]

Keeping a supply of Bounty paper goods since last March has been a challenge, you realize that other paper towels and napkins are total rubbish by comparison. Otherwise, all the "panic" over flour, yeast, rice, etc. has passed - just like the obsession w/posting pictures of yourself baking bread.

I havent discovered any "off brand" that supplants any of the std items we routinely purchase. For awhile it was tough to buy Trader Joe's olive oil, but there are plenty of other options...they just costed more.

For awhile it was tough to buy Trader Joe's olive oil, but there are plenty of other options...they just costed more.
godfather-II-sillato-accepts-genco-olive-oil.jpg

I like how he's looking at it like he's suspicious that
someone's just handed him unstackable cups.

0buXZ.gif

Nosler bullets because they have been pretty good and decent priced. I don’t know if you call Midway and Brownell‘s a brand but they are my two main vendors for almost anything related to outdoor sporting and ammo and gun smithing tools. Brownells customer service is excellent they don’t sell junk and depending on when you catch their sales and promotions the prices can be really good. .Midway has been pretty good this last year some of the sales have been outstanding I got a great deal on a lot of stuff during my birthday .
Other than that I am not too specific on brand I find what I like for the price I wanna pay I buy and I use it if it proves out to be pretty good I will give that brand I try for the next thing I need if not I’ll move on

Back
Top Bottom