• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Palmetto State Arms

Curios if any of you folks have done business with PSA, what you bought and would you recommend them. I am considering a

BLEM PSA 16" M4 CARBINE-LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1/8 PHOSPHATE CLASSIC UPPER W/BCG & CH​

$270 shipped. Kind of a no brainer. Going to put together a cheap shooter. I appreciate the good and the bad. ty-

Curios if any of you folks have done business with PSA, what you bought and would you recommend them. I am considering a

BLEM PSA 16" M4 CARBINE-LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1/8 PHOSPHATE CLASSIC UPPER W/BCG & CH​

$270 shipped. Kind of a no brainer. Going to put together a cheap shooter. I appreciate the good and the bad. ty-
No brainer to me if you want a cheap build

Their products are ok. They have a wide range of AR builds...from rock bottom cheap to really nice. The barrels can be great or so so depending on what you buy.
I bought a few over the years, mostly the better quality with a CHF barrel. But I found my local shop could build an upper for me at almost the same price.

Thanks RD. I might look into having one built locally. I have had some built by local shops and have always had a good experience. About a month ago I stopped in to State Line In Plaistow and met Anthony Spinelli re a repair. have not had the work done buy he seemed like a good guy. Thanks for your perspective.

Their premium line are pretty solid rifles, I've never tried their classic line but I imagine they are fine but sometimes you get what you pay for, $270 for a complete upper build is short money.

There are tons of reviews on YouTube, worth checking out before you pull the trigger

I have uppers that work well.
Some "Blemished" lowers that I built out. Work fine.
Could never find the blems. I think that's a gimmick to make you think you got a bargain.

I know lots of people with PSA stuff
Built a few ultra cheap uppers years back one is abused and holding up fine.
I know a few people with machine guns who use their cheap barrels when they come up on sale.

Isn't AERO better?

And their prices are better.

Isn't AERO better?

Better in the way that aero is reliably predictable to be milled up to spec. Cheaper brands can be just fine, probably 90% of the time, but it is not guaranteed.

If customer is experienced and knows how to do a basic check of an ar - chamber, barrel mount, etc. - it is not an issue.

I love aero as if you build multiple guns - you can fully expect all your builds components to be interchangeable with no issues.

Prices are not better, aero bolts are rarely discounted deep like those from bear creek or PSA. But I never saw an aero bolt with headspace out of spec.

Bear Creek Arsenal sells to MA and is relatively cheap,sometimes they have good deals. They make all their parts in house wich is why they can sell cheaper than other's
My friend bought a bear creak when they first surfaced , IIRC it was like $360 for a badic carbine.
Feeds it steel ammo and is not a fan of cleaning anything. Been years and yet to hear him complain.
I would hear it cause Im the first he cries to when his guns dont work.
He has gone to those “carbine class/match “ events and has been given shit that the rifle and ammo wont make it through the course. So far only malfunction was a mag plate came off and he dumped the spring follower and ammo in the mud.

Isn't AERO better?

I don't know about better prices, an aero upper is around $500 last I looked, PSA premium uppers are around $400, not a huge difference but it is 20%, for a skin flint like me that can mean the difference between having 4 complete rifles or 5.

Thanks to all whom replled. From what I have seen & heard I think PSA builds a good product at a very good price. Happy Holidays
just make sure to check it, especially it is marked as a blem. if you do not have your own headspace gauges - go to any ffl, as store most likely will have a smith who will be able to do a basic check.
with headspace confirmed, it is unlikely to have issues. make sure to lubricate it dripping wet before first shots, but, if even after all that it will not cycle well - well, sometime it happens, but, not often.

I don't know about better prices, an aero upper is around $500 last I looked, PSA premium uppers are around $400, not a huge difference but it is 20%, for a skin flint like me that can mean the difference between having 4 complete rifles or 5.
no way, nohow, never can you buy a complete barreled aero upper with any BA or aero barrel and bolt and handle for under $300 in one package.
does not exist.

well, if it exists it successfully evaded me last 20 years.

ps. i still buy and build on pretty much aero lowers and uppers only. because reasons. :)

Hmmm ...

M5 upper $99, BCG $144, CH $20

Not long ago in the "deals and steals" thread and for black Friday they seemed to have them around the same price. I see their stuff go on sale a lot.

Hmmm ...

M5 upper $99, BCG $144, CH $20

Not long ago in the "deals and steals" thread and for black Friday they seemed to have them around the same price. I see their stuff go on sale a lot.
PSA Upper unsure, not in stock,, was around $25. I paid $79 for a nickel boron BCG, toolcraft no logo, CH is going to be pretty close in price. Don't get me wrong Aero is a great value and a step up in quality over PSA but they are more money.

My friend bought a bear creak when they first surfaced , IIRC it was like $360 for a badic carbine.
Feeds it steel ammo and is not a fan of cleaning anything. Been years and yet to hear him complain.
I would hear it cause Im the first he cries to when his guns dont work.
He has gone to those “carbine class/match “ events and has been given shit that the rifle and ammo wont make it through the course. So far only malfunction was a mag plate came off and he dumped the spring follower and ammo in the mud.
Yep I bought a 10.5 upper and so far so good 👍 only ended up paying like $250 bc my wife gets first responder discounts

Back
Top Bottom