Palmetto State Armory; wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen-1

NES Member
So, I ordered something online this morning from Palmetto State Armory. And let's be upfront about this. I live in Georgia, they're about an hour up the road from me, and was in their store a couple of months ago when I was having my truck serviced just down the street from there.

It's a NICE shop. People there were great, good supply of guns, ammo, stuff. There's a range there. I walked out with a 9mm AR on a whim purchase and been quite happy with it. Shot it last night as a matter of fact.

I just logged into their site because I want an upper for a build I'm doing, and it struck me that if I could get one just like the one on the 9mm AR I was shooting last night - that'd be perfect, (in .556).

And I found it, so I ordered it.

But while doing so, I had to accept their terms of business. And I'm not angry with them. Although some of you reading this may be.

Included in their terms of business is:

"PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts."

Like I said, I've been in their shop. This isn't some huge conglomerate, some faceless monolothic monstrosity. This is a decent sized operation that's trying to abide by all of the various laws that are laid down by the many states and cities. And the way I read this, and their treatment of Washington DC in the same fashion - is that someone at Palmetto State Armory just said "fck it", it's not worth the aggravation. So you can thank Maura and her buddies.

Me, I just checked the box off and my upper is on its way. Should be here in a couple of days.

If you look at the list of what they won't ship, you get an idea of what they're dealing with, and the maze of restrictions they're trying to cope with:

(Note - I've trimmed out a lot because there's a word limit on the post)

Firearm Shipments

PSA will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.).

PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.

WE SHIP ONLY TO VALID FFL DEALERS.
Please note: Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box.

PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Parts or Firearms (Including Receivers) to the City of Chicago, Illinois.

PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to Aurora, Highland Park, or Cook County, Illinois.

PSA will not ship any handguns to CA that are not on the DOJ roster. This includes Single Shot Exemption conversions.

Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- Connecticut

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- California
- Connecticut
- Maryland
- Massachusetts
- New Jersey
- New York

Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:
- California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
- Connecticut
- Maryland
- Massachusetts
- New Jersey
- New York

Palmetto State Armory DOES NOT ship high-capacity magazines (those greater than 10 rounds) with firearms to the states listed below. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.

Magazine Ordering Restrictions

It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities.

Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee.

States with applied magazine restrictions:

California - no magazines greater than 10 rounds
Colorado - no magazines greater than 15 rounds, effective July 1st, 2013
Connecticut - 10 Rounds and less with a valid permit.
Hawaii - no pistol magazines greater than 10 rounds
Illinois - North Chicago, no rifle magazines greater than 16 rounds
Aurora, Skokie, Chicago, Evanston no rifle magazines greater than 15 rounds
Highland Park, Cook County, Dolton, Homewood no rifle magazines greater than 10 rounds
Indiana - South Bend - no magazines greater than 15 rounds
Maryland - no magazines greater than 10 rounds October 1st, 2013
New Jersey - no magazines greater than 15 rounds
New York - no magazines greater than 10 rounds

Ammunition Ordering Restrictions

Palmetto State Armory ABIDES by all state regulations regarding the sale of ammunition.

We WILL NOT ship ammunition to the following areas:
This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide.
It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States.
Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions.
If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be cancelled.

- California: No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
- Connecticut: No sales without a valid permit.
- Alaska: No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
- Hawaii: No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
- Illinois: No Sales to the city of Chicago or Cook County. All other Illinois residents must email us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID.
Ammunition must ship to an address on one of these ID's.
- Maryland: No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
- New York: No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs. Starting January 1st, 2014 all ammunition must be sent to a FFL.
- Washington DC: No Sales.
- New Jersey: When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID.
We must ship to the address on the FID.

California 2017 Notice

Due to recent changes in California state law, Palmetto State Armory will no longer be able to ship so called “assault weapons” to the state of California. This would include all Palmetto State Armory AR-15 Complete lowers, AR-15 Complete Rifles, and all Palmetto State Armory AK-47 rifles. This would also include other makes and models of these same firearm platforms manufactured by other companies. Example: Colt AR-15 rifle.

As of the 18th of December all ammunition orders must be shipped to a California DOJ approved FFL. If any further guidance is provided by the state of California, then the current policy will be adjusted to reflect the change. If no further guidance is published before January 1, 2018, the policy will be that any ammunition purchase for California will only be shipped to an FFL dealer.

Other Ordering Restrictions

- Alaska: No tannerite sales.

- Hawaii: No tannerite sales.

- Maryland: No tannerite sales.

I have read and agree to all terms and conditions

The Mass AG, The Liberal Courts, PSA's forced & endless list of restrictions listed above..... All disheartening. Truly disheartening!! ....but keep in mind my fellow 2A Brothers and Sisters - We are stronger than they are. We will always be stronger than they are.

My 3 little children are already signed up as NRA Members. They are learning that our way of life is filled with Honor, Courage and Patriotism. The Libtards can try to change me and my family, via endless Libtard rules and regulations, but they will fail.

It is an infringement on our 2A rights. It is tyranny. They are wrong. Stay strong, stay positive, and stick to your guns!!

We are normal. They are not.

This isn't new. PSA and BCM won't even ship a hat or sticker here after taking out money for years. I somewhat understand their stance with our AG and her edicts and so called laws but these companies should be helping us not cutting us off.

This is why even if I didn't live in Ma I wouldn't spend a dime there. Some places fold like a wet towel when they get a scary letter from the AG, others file the letter where it belongs in the garbage and continues to help people in this state within the law. So I know where I spend my money and where not to

They also have a pretty strong reputation for customers credit card info getting breached/compromised a few weeks after their PSA order. This was popular a few months back, not sure if PSA has resolved it (they also wouldn't acknowledge or confirm it despite dozens of instances).

They also have a pretty strong reputation for customers credit card info getting breached/compromised a few weeks after their PSA order. This was popular a few months back, not sure if PSA has resolved it (they also wouldn't acknowledge or confirm it despite dozens of instances).
I've ordered from them, maybe 30 times. NEVER had a problem with my CC. The one time I had an issue, was when a 10.5" CHF upper Blem did not get shipped for 3 weeks. Called them (had an inside #) and the woman explained that they didn't have any blems. So....she has a 1st pulled off the shelf and shipped it next day UPS to me. Oh, and I DID have a problem with their Gen 1 AK47 barreled action, total piece of shit, but they refunded my money.

TL;DR.

Good job supporting a gun company that blatantly shits on gun owners. You have more choices than residents in Mass, but went with this company. It's cool though, as long as you got yours.

Every company has to deal with the maze of state laws and restrictions, but go ahead, make some more excuses for them being spineless. Policies like these only hand the antis another victory.

-6 for the rant. If I owned the company, I wouldn't ship to MA either.

It's not a rant. I feel kind of sorry for PSA. Just reading their terms of acceptance gives me a small idea of all the crap they have to make sure that THEY are in compliance with so that THEY can stay in business.

I understand how those of you in Mass are pissed off that they won't ship you ANYTHING at all. But I'm looking at this list of things they can't ship, and I've been in their shop. The people I dealt with were genuinely nice. They're just a local gun shop to me, (although they're an hour away in another state). They're not wally world, not some huge store. I mean, they're tucked back in an industrial park, and the guys behind the counter are in jeans and t-shirts.

Yeah, they've got a big online presence, and they sell a lot of stuff. They've got a good sized machine shop there and a range. I got a nice vibe from the place, no problem walking in and buying a gun.

Gave up on PSA last year when all of their refusal to ship started. I'd rather not play the game of shipping out of state. There are a number of other vendors still shipping to MA.

I have a list just like PSA, its a list of companies that suck, bad customer service, consistent shipping issues, shitty quality, they all go on the list. Then, I never use them again.
  1. PSA

TL;DR.

Good job supporting a gun company that blatantly shits on gun owners. You have more choices than residents in Mass, but went with this company. It's cool though, as long as you got yours.

Every company has to deal with the maze of state laws and restrictions, but go ahead, make some more excuses for them being spineless. Policies like these only hand the antis another victory.

They have to obey laws no matter how just or unjust. Take your complaints to the AG, she’s the problem.

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. As Mike so eloquently put it in another thread:

people think selling guns is about 2A piety, but is actually about making money, just like anything else. Paying fine and lawyer for consent decree enema fight is not profitable.

They’re not going to put their business at risk because we elect the a**h***s we do and they’re going to err on the side of caution as all businesses should. I love TSUSA and support them as much as I can but if you think they’re doing what they’re doing out of benevolence or “for the cause” you’re nuts.

I'm not surprised by this kind of stuff anymore, nor do I really blame them.

Agree, this is a MA problem. None of these companies are in business to stand up for *our* 2A rights. I applaud those that make a stand but I don't sh*t on those who are simply trying to earn a living and turn a profit.

This rant is like five of six years behind.

Then they have had five or six years to get their heads out of their asses.

As long as a huge company like Brownell's is still shipping all but standard cap mags, lowers, and complete guns, it's clear that other than for a few specific items there is no need for this bullshit discrimination. It's great they are a small company.... a small company of bitches.

Sure, it's their business and their decision, but I don't understand why people support short sighted businesses like these. They should sell a different product if they don't have the stomach for the business environment.

Blame it on the AG? When did she ban barreled uppers and baseball hats?

At least TSUSA did their diligence and understands their rights. They went the extra step and did what is good for them AND us.

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. As Mike so eloquently put it in another thread:

They’re not going to put their business at risk because we elect the a**h***s we do and they’re going to err on the side of caution as all businesses should. I love TSUSA and support them as much as I can but if you think they’re doing what they’re doing out of benevolence or “for the cause” you’re nuts.

Doesn't matter why they're doing it. TS USA stood up and did the right and legal thing rather than folding. I respect that and will spend my $ with companies that operate that way, as opposed to a company like PSA that won't even send a f***ing hat or shirt to Mass.

The list of states with restrictions will only get longer. Advise them to get ready to update their list with VT.

Gave up on PSA last year when all of their refusal to ship started. I'd rather not play the game of shipping out of state. There are a number of other vendors still shipping to MA.
Yep. Tried to order an AR barrel from Ballistic Advantage, but they don't ship to MA. Went to a third party vendor, used a coupon code to save $, shipped next day.

Doesn't matter why they're doing it. TS USA stood up and did the right and legal thing rather than folding. I respect that and will spend my $ with companies that operate that way, as opposed to a company like PSA that won't even send a f***ing hat or shirt to Mass.

TSUSA didn’t do the right thing, they did the profitable thing. I’m happy they did and I support them but it’s not about right or wrong; the moment it becomes unprofitable they’ll stop just like when they originally suspended sales to MA after they got the letter from the AG.

Positive: they have a one source list of the new slave states. Pretty much mirrors the liberal s*** h***s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom