1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Painting cost.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Roadglide, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

Recently had a good amount of work done on my house. Some of which included all new windows and doors (new construction.) Roughly 17 windows 3 exterior doors and 1 slider. Just out of curiosity any painters here have a rough ballpark idea of how much a job like that would be for interior only.

2. grey

grey NES Member

Good luck

xjma99 likes this.
  3. 76Too

76Too NES Member

At least $1000 if they're not primed. For such a small job, you might do better asking around to see if anyone knows any Brazilian people. Those guys are born with paint brushes in their hands.

All kidding aside...if you see anyone having their house painted in the area, stop by and see if any of the guys want any side work for cash...if they're anything like I was when I was painting, I was always looking for extra interior jobs to get out of the heat and/or cold and make some cash on the side.

Roadglide likes this.
  4. Dan-o

Dan-o NES Member

Make sure they have work Comp and liability ins.
    Not worth saving couple bucks if guy gets hurt somehow, and sues you, the homeowner.

Roadglide likes this.
  5. Brucewillis4316

Brucewillis4316 NES Member

I can recommend the team that just repainted my house exterior. Very talented Brazilian guys and insured.. K&G Painting Marlboro, MA

6. quincy

quincy NES Member

How much $$ you got? I just finished painting the interior of a 1000 sq ft condo. Never want to touch another paint brush again.

xjma99 likes this.
  7. Heathen

Heathen

Won't be cheap, windows can be time consuming. Where are you located? I might be able to pm you a referral.

8. Tundra02

Tundra02

Do you want good ,better.or best

xjma99 likes this.
  9. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

Appreciate it but job is done. It was a bit of an oversight on my part. Haven’t paid them yet but I’m second guessing the final cost. Not real happy with the final product which raises questions with the cost. Was told by others it was out of line. Just trying to figure out if that’s the case or if I’m really out of touch with painting costs.

10. Masswhole

Masswhole NES Member

PM me with some details and maybe pics. I own a painting company and give you some feedback.

Roadglide likes this.
  11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Window and door trim, or the windows and doors themselves.

I love painting trim work. I can't tell you why. It's a PITA, but it allows me to go Zen. Only in the Winter. Summer time I'll Zen out on the lake fishing.

quincy likes this.
  12. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

I paid $2000 for 5 of my 8 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 hallways, 1 stairwell, all ceilings, plus $500 for paint and materials. No windows or trim (all natural wood). All primed plus 2 coats of paint. Professional work. Couple days work with two people.

Hope this gives you some comparisons?