Paintball

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Played for a long time. Mid 90's to 2010 ish. After years of playing Eclipse gear, the only 2 guns I have left are a Splatmaster (still in the box never even aired up) and a custom Cocker that was a gift. Miss that game every day, but I like money and my wife more.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still have my Tippmann .68 Carbine. One of these days I'll get a tank filled and see what it needs to run well again, if I can even find parts.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I played tournament paintball for 3-4 years. It was fun but cost a lot more money than you win.

I moved to playing in pump tournaments. Had a couple autocockers I converted into pumps. Then I moved to stock class pump.

Getting off of the turf and away from giant balloons to go skulking in the woods was awesome and I enjoyed it more, especially when I played with duel Tippman TPXs.

I haven’t played in 8 years or so. Really no desire to get back into it though. Last time I played was at BP in Chelsea. I took a shot to my right ear from a rental tippman that was shooting hot from about 10 ft away. Ripped through the soft ear or my mask and right in my ear. Rung my bell and lost a little bit of hearing.

Picture is when I was cool and we were sponsored by Canobie Paintball

Attachments

Last edited:

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
Buddy of mine goes with his friends from work he invited me along next month. I’ve never even held a paintball gun in my life not to mention played in any type of scenario. Seeing that I am an old out of shape fat body, any advice for a first timer? Do they make a sniper rifle that I can sit all day in a Gilly suit under a big shade tree?

I heard the guns from 10-20 years ago that ran on CO2 are obsolete and everybody is gone to straight up compressed air? Any truth to this?

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We used to play at a place in Raymond NH .
He had a great field and built a castle out of lumber yard end cuts that even had parapits and catwalks.
There was also a good sized village.
The most fun was night games from 10pm till 4 am.
One team defending the castle and one attacking.
We had a freaking blast.

RapidTransit

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else into paintball? I first started playing 20 years ago, and took a break for close to 8 years while various surgeries healed.

A couple months ago, a bunch of friends all had birthdays within a 2 week span and decided to celebrate with slinging paint at each other. So we made it happen a couple weeks ago.

I broke out my two most prized possessions from my playing days, and spent a month replacing every seal and o-ring in the things. I also had to jury rig a charger, bench build a battery pack (with some advice from @Skysoldier ) get a compressed air tank hydrostatic tested, rewire a solenoid, install braided hoses, and found out that one of these paintball markers I got for the sum total of about $20 is one of only 10 made like it, and one collector has 8/10 and desperately wants mine.

I tuned the blue/black one pretty well and am firing off about 14 balls a second.

View attachment 293727 View attachment 293728
I got some Automags, an X-Mag and a very early Devil Mag

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Buddy of mine goes with his friends from work he invited me along next month. I’ve never even held a paintball gun in my life not to mention played in any type of scenario. Seeing that I am an old out of shape fat body, any advice for a first timer? Do they make a sniper rifle that I can sit all day in a Gilly suit under a big shade tree?

I heard the guns from 10-20 years ago that ran on CO2 are obsolete and everybody is gone to straight up compressed air? Any truth to this?
CO2 went away, mainly because compressors got cheaper for high pressure air (3000 4500psi) and it is more consistent.

Best bet, hunker down, stay near cover, watch your doors and corners, and try to not get lit up!

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Used to play. Me and my son ran a team call "Army of Darkness" our defacto home field was Fox4. Then health issues caught up with me, I really miss playing. Still have all my gear, plus enough rental quality stuff to start a field.

Most interesting gun I have is an Evil Omen (stock picture, mine is blue and packed away). Very accurate, unique feed mechanism. I didn't use it in the field, it was more of a collection thing.

My regular use stuff was a verity of a Dangerous Power F7 w/Freak barrel system, a BT TM7 (which I got when I took a BT armorers class), and a pair of Tiberius 8.1 pistols loaded up with First Strike paintballs (nasty accurate).

I often though the pistols with peperballs would make a decent less-than-theathal alternative for home defence for someone who is adamitly anti firearm.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Tiberius makes some extremely accurate guns especially when using their First Strike rounds. But this costs $$$ both for the gun and the ammo, it's actually more expensive than a real gun and ammo. Not something you invest in up front. I got good accuracy out of my F7 with Freak barrel system (barrel inserts sized to get the best fit, paintballs vary in size based on the run, the quality, and the temperature).

If it's your fist time out, either use the rental crap or borrow something, look at what others are using, ask questions, its a helpful group. Then if you keep doing it buy something used but good, find out what you like before making a big investment.

I really miss playing, but I'm never going to be able to do it again.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That team name rings a bell. I used to play at Fox4 with Duck and Cover. Hung out with steeel reserve and dragonfire
I remember Steel Reserve and Dragonfire being there. I had 42 on my shirts but I wore a vest with many pods so it was hard to see. A lot of people noticed my mask, I had little fans and a battery pack wired into it.
upload_2019-7-19_21-56-37.png

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I get home on Friday and I am going to dig my stuff out and see what's good with it. My wife wants to go play, so I am all in.

What is 2019's paintball equivalent of Brownells, because I am sure most of my stuff is dry rotted and in need of tuning up.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I get home on Friday and I am going to dig my stuff out and see what's good with it. My wife wants to go play, so I am all in.

What is 2019's paintball equivalent of Brownells, because I am sure most of my stuff is dry rotted and in need of tuning up.
There isn't really one clearinghouse site any more.

Amazon is your best bet, that and silicone based lube for non-solinoid poppet valve systems. (Cockers, intimidators, angels, etc)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kids these days with their "markers"...

This was my first paintball gun..

MotherFarkin SplatMaster biach... Shit was good for like 3 balls a minute. Feel the power of the quick change disposable CO2 cartridge. Carry extra because every other one would leak when you screwed it into the pistol grip. Each was good for about 15 shots.

Shit didn't take no batteries, have no electronics, dip switches, solenoids, or compressed air. Shit took a 10 shot/ball magazine tube..

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Loved NEPL pump when I was rolling with Origin. T2 got me with a deadman walk that we still talk aboit about
I played for the Reapers for speedball and Xball. I was one of the originals. Not sure we played under that name for pump.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My next project.

Custom Deflator Automag body, Xvalve, hidden LPR in the front grip to drive the pneumatic actuated trigger.

Waiting on a couple parts, then sending it and some other markers out for custom bent hard lines, then this baby gets anodized.

Attachments

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My next project.

Custom Deflator Automag body, Xvalve, hidden LPR in the front grip to drive the pneumatic actuated trigger.

Waiting on a couple parts, then sending it and some other markers out for custom bent hard lines, then this baby gets anodized.
What is this wizardry?

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What is this wizardry?
Luke's Customs

t-rex-oltr-lukes-customs-agd-pneumag-cheater-paintball_orig.jpg
This is the pneumatic actuated trigger assembly, the trigger pushes on the rod, the rod pushes on the valve, which releases a plunger, which trips a sear, which opens the primary valve and fires the paintball.

7250303_orig.jpg
Hidden Low Pressure Regulator which feeds the trigger valve.

rtemag2_6fps.gif

Firing order looks similar to this, but slightly different as this shows an electrically actuated solenoid, but you get the drift.

Top Bottom