• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Paint gun?

has anyone ever used Plasti Dip spray paint on a firearm. I was thinking about painting my 15-22 desert tan. but would like to see some spray painted guns before i make the leap.

9MBI3qT.jpg

Last edited:
I don't use spray paint myself. I use Duracoat with an el-cheapo air brush (paasche). Its more expensive than paint and requires tools like a compressor and the air brush. But it comes out mint and the finish is durable. The air brush applies a very thin and lite coat. Its a very smooth finish, and the thin coat generally doesn't impact tolerances.

I've done a shotgun for a friend, a shotgun for myself, and 2 ARs. Most of your time is spent on surface prep and degreasing.

Last edited:
I don't think it would hold up to the heat on certain parts of the gun, ive used it on tools and it has worn off.

Rustoleum epoxy spray paint is pretty much the same as duracoat so save yourself the money and just use that.

Back
Top Bottom