Pages not refreshing

It's the New Zealand mosque thread, everytime I click on it I am brought to post #728 since yesterday, just tried it again and right to the purple hair cartoon again.

I signed out...

I had to reset my password since I forgot.

After doing so, the problem is no longer presenting.

Same here
Could be a major provider's caching (Comcast, for example), or Cloudflare? I didn't think that was it until I read the above. That thread was 'stuck' there on that same post for me until I did a page force reload (shift-reload).

Now it refreshes when I hit refresh, which is an improvement. But as soon as I click on “New Posts,” it zips right back to the cached version from last night.

Stays the same

This morning all looked good, the number in the URL would change every time I clocked New Posts. I was about to post that everything was now working with no changes on my side since last night. BUT, the Funny picture thread and this thread send me back to the same post when I go to them and no last read button.

So a major improvement. I've seen the remaining problem before, comes and goes. Since its just one or two threads and it usually clears up I haven't mentioned it in the past.

The whole thing could just be a resource issue, the system couldn't keep up with the demand. Or maybe sHORTY found something.

By the way, I use Brave browser on all devices, but I don't log into it so it isn't using the sync feature. I saw Chrome mentioned... Brave uses the same browser engine as Chrome (but without all the anti privacy stuff).

I just cleared all browser history and will see if that helps....

Now it seems that all threads are working correctly, except when I go the funny picture thread. That is still linking me to the same picture of the guy holding the luggage up with his foot. This time when I clicked the thread it didn't even show me there were posts after that one, yet there are 4 pages of 40 posts per page after that one now. I hit refresh and it showed me all the new pages but still brought me to that same pic even after I left the thread and went to others.

I cleared everything, reinstalled chrome, re-logged in, fixed 99% of it. I just tried it again, funny pic thread still brings me to post #69055.

Seems the New Posts link on the site home is stuck in the same. I always used it to scn through what was new since my last visit. Now it is the same 3 days in a row. Have to use the recent post link now

It's not just you there was something weird going on with the alerts, like it shows me stuff that I looked at hours ago and doesnt update, etc... seems better today than yesterday, though.

-Mike

I have been having the same problem for 2 days. using the "new post" tab the only thing that changed is the last post column. open a thread and I can not see anything new. but if I go to the nes home screen and use the "recent posts" tab every thing seems to work fine. did this a few times and now the "new post" tab seems to be ok . I thought I had a pc problem and tried my phone which is how I caught this. I will see if it still ok when I get home tonight.

Mine is working fine today, I didn't do anything to try to correct it. for the past day I was stuck like everybody else.
not sure if it's related but the other day was my first time ever that I clicked on the funny picture thread. I see a lot of people mentioned that in this thread, don't know if that has anything to do with it?

A lot of “my content” is missing, and I can’t get past the first page in that section.

I also just force expired every user's cookies... bit of a nuclear approach, but I hope it helps.

Mine’s been fine since this morning. As usual, my Gen X approach to technology issues (“just wait. It’ll fix itself eventually”) seems to’ve worked.

I just had to manually refresh a few pages that I knew had new content to get the posts to show

Been noticing this as well. I thought it was just me until seeing this. Did the SHIFT-RELOAD thing, and that seems to help. I'm guessing it is a cookie problem. Didn't there used to be a "reset cookies" button somewhere, or was that the old software?

I also just force expired every user's cookies... bit of a nuclear approach, but I hope it helps.

Ha! I had a feeling.

You touched my cookies?? :eek: [rofl2]

I was wondering why I had to log back in on my phone just now (hadn't used it since before that post). Will see if my laptop is still ok or not.

So I just went to the NZ massacre thread, brought me to the same purple hair cartoon, so it's still not updating all of them. Most threads seem to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom