• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pages not refreshing

Would really like to here from an admin acknowledging the problem and that it's being worked on.
I'm not asking for miracles, just let us know that you know something is wrong.

At this point I get intermittent refresh of Watched Threads and the threads themselves. New Posts is showing me the same thing it showed yesterday when this started. So I'm not looking at anything new.

From my side, absolutely nothing has changed in the last week and I cannot reproduce the issue you guys are seeing.

I have (in the last 30 minutes) disabled ALL caching from the server side. If something changed the caching headers that your browser received, you may need to do a forced-refresh (CTRL-F5) on any impacted pages. I'll keep checking into things on my side, but as I said, I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Last edited:
I've done a Shift-click refresh button on several pages using Chrome just now to get the current versions. I noticed it starting a couple of days ago. Version of Chrome I'm using is Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) and there is an update for it that just downloaded while I was checking the version. Curious to see if that fixes it.

Had the issue when I fired up my computer (using latest Firefox release). Cleared the history (I do that from time to time, when I remember) and the issue went away. Had to log back in, but that's easy (use the box to stay logged in). Cache was large, which could be part of the issue (1GB).

While using the shift+refresh might correct the issue, I know clearing the history (and cache) is also a solid fix. Plus it reduces how much space the browser is consuming on my system.

BTW, I don't clear the "active logins" when clearing history/cache.

Used Ctrl+F5 for Safari. Bunch of program icons popped up. Clicked on Safari and now it's refreshing. Seemed to work.

To anyone still having issues, can you try logging out and logging back in?

For me the issue started on my Android tablet last night while I was out, using the restaurant's wifi. When I got home it was still happening on my laptop, using Comcast, and it continued today on my iPhone using ATT cell data.

They all use Chrome but none of them log on to google, so no common data. Three different devices, with three different OSs, and even different ISPs.

So there may be something about Chrome, the only common element. I have not updated any of them recently, so no recent changes there. I find it hard to see it as something on my end given how many are experiencing it and it started about the same time.

The problem is now intermittent, more problem than not, but not constant.

Oh, I was logged out on this computer all day, no change.

Just tried logoff/on and ctrl+F5, New Posts is still showing what it did yesterday

Done it about five times. Still nothing new but that couple walking their dog and finding a bullet... posted one minute ago.

Just tried logoff/on and ctrl+F5, New Posts is still showing what it did yesterday

When you click on new posts multiple times, does the number in the URL change, or is it staying the same?

Been noticing this as well. I thought it was just me until seeing this. Did the SHIFT-RELOAD thing, and that seems to help. I'm guessing it is a cookie problem. Didn't there used to be a "reset cookies" button somewhere, or was that the old software?

Been noticing this as well. I thought it was just me until seeing this. Did the SHIFT-RELOAD thing, and that seems to help. I'm guessing it is a cookie problem. Didn't there used to be a "reset cookies" button somewhere, or was that the old software?

you can do that in your browser settings, usually in the security or content area.

When you click on new posts multiple times, does the number in the URL change, or is it staying the same?

Stays the same

Tried something different.
I went to New Posts, it was the same as before, I edited the last digit of the number in the URL changed it fro 0 to 1. The page reloaded with a completely different number and it looks current, I clicked on New Posts again and it went back to the old number/page. Really weird.

It's kinda working but certain threads I go to is still bringing me to the same new post from yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom