• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PA Shooting NOT at Temple University

FWIW...
These Are The 10 Worst Philadelphia Neighborhoods

This has it as #3 and Nicetown #1. Guess good news is my wife (from south Jersey) has alot of family in south Philly and a cousin in Kensington...not in the top 10. Yay! Most are in Jersey, not in Camden, lol.

I hate to break it to ya but Kensington ain’t old Irish roofers in jorts anymore. It’s an open air drug den like new hamsterdam from the Wire. It’s really bad. South philly is south philly tho, shit don’t change there. Strawberry Mansion has the highest murder rate, it may not be as bad as Nicetown overall.

Philadelphia standoff suspect charged with attempted murder
Philadelphia standoff suspect charged with attempted murder

The article is written by AP and picked up by yahoo, abcnews, foxnews, local news, etc. Most post it verbatim from the original AP article. Fox did rewrite the article and does not suffer from the obvious bias of the original AP.

My favorite lines

"Authorities have said that the criminal background of suspect Maurice Hill should have prevented him from legally owning the firepower used during the standoff that lasted deep into the night." The bolding is mine. Firepower, really? He had semi-automatic rifle and handgun.

Yes, they are again focusing on all semi-automatic rifles being evil, and no longer just on "assault rifles", "assault weapons", and "AK and/or AR". The narrative has changed. Semi-auto rifle means excess firepower.

"Hill told Johnson he wanted to make it out alive to see his newborn daughter and teenage son again." This is the final sentence of the AP article. It brought a tear to my eye. WTF does this have to do with some no-name thug getting charged with thuggery? Pull on the heartstrings. We have that evil firepower out in the open and it will hurt newborn daughters.

I hate reporters

Back
Top Bottom