PA Shooting NOT at Temple University

At least 6 Philadelphia officers wounded in shootout; police warn of active scene

At least six Philadelphia police officers were shot, at least one reportedly grazed in the head, in an ongoing shootout in the city's Nicetown neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon that has been unfolding for almost two hours.

Three officers were rushed to Temple University Hospital, officials told Fox 29.

Three other officers were taken to Einstein Hospital, at least one of them was shot in the arm. All six officers are in stable condition and are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Two other officers, including a police sergeant, were injured in an accident related to the emergency response and are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

High-ranking police officials said that two officers with the Narcotics Strike Force were serving a warrant at a multifamily home when a shooter opened fire at the home. The two officers are barricaded in separate rooms with as many as four suspects in what may be a drug-related offense.

Hostage negotiators and a SWAT team are on the scene.

One suspect is in custody.

As of 6 minutes ago: The scene is still active and gunfire can be heard.

FOX29_00100.jpg

Kamala Harris on Philadelphia shooting: When will it stop?

When drug dealers/criminals are locked up for a very long time Kamala!

Duhhhhh Battlestar Galactica lol ;)
Ahh...lol. I remember way back in the day when the show was on tv. Out of the blue the guy who looked like Don Johnson was saying frack ever two seconds and it was kind of a thing because it was as close to a swear as you could get and I was like a 8 year old hearing it on tv.[laugh]

Ahh...lol. I remember way back in the day when the show was on tv. Out of the blue the guy who looked like Don Johnson was saying frack ever two seconds and it was kind of a thing because it was as close to a swear as you could get and I was like a 8 year old hearing it on tv.[laugh]

Exactly. But there’s a newer version of it (maybe 10yrs old) that was awesome and updated quite a bit.

To be fair it is near Temple University Hospital which is about one mile north of the University on North Broad. All the wounded officers are stable, no major injuries. There are a lot of cops there itching for revenge, I would let them exact it on these f***ers.

To be fair it is near Temple University Hospital which is about one mile north of the University on North Broad. All the wounded officers are stable, no major injuries. There are a lot of cops there itching for revenge, I would let them exact it on these f***ers.

In this case, I'd understand that.

Nobody gets more pissed about summary police executions than I do, but you pull a gun on a cop and that's one of those stupid games people play.

High-ranking police officials said that two officers with the Narcotics Strike Force were serving a warrant at a multifamily home when a shooter opened fire at the home. The two officers are barricaded in separate rooms with as many as four suspects in what may be a drug-related offense.

Wait. Drug-related offense? Aren't people who use or sell drugs prohibited from owning firearms?

I guess we need a more comprehensive, all-encompassing, universal, common sense, background check to solve the problem.

I disagree. If the/these bad guy(s) want to go down in a blaze of glory and the cops take them out, I’m fine with that 100%.

But, if they decide to give up and throw out their weapons, the cops have to be able to shut down that adrenaline and anger and act professionally all the way through. They are not judges or executioners and never should be.

Look where we are now in society with cops v. everyone else, granted there will always be hard core cop haters, for whatever reason, you have to ignore them and drive on, but when a vast majority of society is becoming estranged and angered and afraid of any uniform, then shit is getting clouded somewhere and needs a whole bunch of chlorine thrown in.

Professionalism and discretion are the two biggest words needed these days in LE to try and regain some trust.

I disagree. If the/these bad guy(s) want to go down in a blaze of glory and the cops take them out, I’m fine with that 100%.

But, if they decide to give up and throw out their weapons, the cops have to be able to shut down that adrenaline and anger and act professionally all the way through. They are not judges or executioners and never should be.

Look where we are now in society with cops v. everyone else, granted there will always be hard core cop haters, for whatever reason, you have to ignore them and drive on, but when a vast majority of society is becoming estranged and angered and afraid of any uniform, then shit is getting clouded somewhere and needs a whole bunch of chlorine thrown in.

Professionalism and discretion are the two biggest words needed these days in LE to try and regain some trust.

You’re not wrong. I’m just a big fan of the righteous infliction of retribution.

You’re not wrong. I’m just a big fan of the righteous infliction of retribution.

Oh I get it believe me. All good.

ETA: One of my students from the academy several years ago was murdered on the job. Young kid, only had like 3 yrs on. Shot in the face multiple times and died before he even got out of his cruiser.

Few days later as we approached the suspect I had my RDS right between his eyes from 10’ away and was pulling slack on my trigger. His hands were up but I still wanted to kill that MF. I didn’t. The oath I took didn’t include murder, even for that POS. I let my rifle hang and went hands on to take him.

There are times I lay in bed at night and regret that choice, very often, but I’m reminded the next morning when I sober up as to why I didn’t and I’ll live with that, because it was the right thing to do and the only choice there was to maintain my integrity.

Last edited:
At least 6 Philadelphia officers wounded in shootout; police warn of active scene

At least six Philadelphia police officers were shot, at least one reportedly grazed in the head, in an ongoing shootout in the city's Nicetown neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon that has been unfolding for almost two hours.

Three officers were rushed to Temple University Hospital, officials told Fox 29.

Three other officers were taken to Einstein Hospital, at least one of them was shot in the arm. All six officers are in stable condition and are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Two other officers, including a police sergeant, were injured in an accident related to the emergency response and are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Hostage negotiators and a SWAT team are on the scene.

One suspect is in custody.

As of 6 minutes ago: The scene is still active and gunfire can be heard.

FOX29_00100.jpg

Kamala Harris on Philadelphia shooting: When will it stop?

When drug dealers/criminals are locked up for a very long time Kamala!

Do you think they could get at least a couple of more police cars into the the intersection? Who is responding to the rest of the city's calls?

Do you think they could get at least a couple of more police cars into the the intersection? Who is responding to the rest of the city's calls?

You didn't hear they cancelled crime for the next 24 hours; they said you can start back crimeing on Friday!

Oops that was Braintree wasn't it?

Sounds like swat is prepping to make entry. Both officers that were inside have apparently made it out of the building.

I'm totally desensitized to all these recent "Shooting Events" now.
I blame the media... oh, and the shooters..

iu

Thats the most Philadelphia PD scene ever.

If you ever watched COPS back in the early days, you saw PPD not even caring that they were on camera. Someone said, "He went that way!", and they all swarmed in, busted down doors, .38 revolver in one hand and Maglite in the other, and beat the piss out of anyone who objected.

They haven't changed much.

Back
Top Bottom