• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PA-One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

mikeyp

NES Member
Our Founding Fathers Wanted An Armed Society And One State Is Attempting To Take It Away

Part of the registration process would include filling out an application that included:

• Name, age, sex and date of birth
• Personal and business addresses
• Telephone number
• Social security number
• Citizenship status
• Make, model, caliber/gauge, type and serial number of each firearm
• Two photographs taken within 30 days immediately prior to the date of filing the application equivalent to passport size showing the full face, head and shoulders of the applicant in a clear and distinguishing manner
• Fingerprints

The application will be approved or denied within 30 days. If approved, a certificate will be provided to the gun owner, who is expected to carry the piece of paper with the firearm at all times. Police would also be allowed to stop people and ask gun owners if he or she is carrying their certificate with them.

Each firearm certificate would need to be renewed on an annual basis.

It's exhausting playing defense all the time, everywhere. The grabbers are relentless!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but....

To use a more modern variation of a quote often screwed up and falsely attributed to Thomas Jefferson......

“The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance.” - Aldous Huxley

I thought PA was a pretty gun friendly state, I would be surprised if this passed.
The Rs control both the PA house and senate, for what that's worth. This proposal is probably just an inner-city state rep's wet dream, but as others on this thread have already noted, eternal vigilance is always required on our part.

It is, for the most part, but that doesn't mean that some anti shitbirds aren't trying to make trouble there. Those motherf***ers are everywhere.

-Mike
SCOTUS rulings are part of the problem. Heller and McDonald are great victories for sure. But SCOTUS also recognizes "states' rights" and "reasonable restrictions" with regards to our 2A rights. These a**holes are trying to exploit that "reasonable restrictions" clause to their advantage. Will this new requirement, if enacted into law, meet the legal standard of "reasonable"?

Western yes

Philly gets a bad rap but we have a large percentage of gun ownership and a lot of carry permits issued. No doubt a lot of the bullshit bills originate from here tho. This doesn’t stand a chance with our constitution in PA and I prefer these stupid ass bills over the “common sense” bills like red flag.

the4y are trying to make it such a PITA that people just give them up on their own. I would submit that this is tyranny.

Philly gets a bad rap but we have a large percentage of gun ownership and a lot of carry permits issued. No doubt a lot of the bullshit bills originate from here tho. This doesn’t stand a chance with our constitution in PA and I prefer these stupid ass bills over the “common sense” bills like red flag.

ERPO etc are insidious, and dangerous (because they can get joe smoe to suck for it) this stuff, on the other hand, is so absurd its almost a joke, but whoever produces this crap still needs to be crushed regardless.

The citizens simply "Will Not Comply".

The cat is out of the bag.

People can choose not to comply and the government has no power to fully enforce such BS.

The citizens simply "Will Not Comply".

The cat is out of the bag.

People can choose not to comply and the government has no power to fully enforce such BS.
Unless you are willing to do what Leonard Peltier did at the Oglala Sioux reservation or what Kevin Harris did at Ruby Ridge, then the answer is, my friend, yes they can do whatever they want to us peons!

The bill also requires the gun owner to include "citizenship status" with the papers. In the meantime, there are millions of illegal aliens running around the country, the most recent of which, an illegal murdered another woman because sanctuary cities protected him. This BS just has to stop.

Unless you are willing to do what Leonard Peltier did at the Oglala Sioux reservation or what Kevin Harris did at Ruby Ridge, then the answer is, my friend, yes they can do whatever they want to us peons!
And what was the mistake....One at a time...Learn from that or you might be next.

Back
Top Bottom