PA Governor Lifts Ban On Hunting With Semi-Autos

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Now that Pennsylvania has gone RED, good things are already starting to happen:

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – Gov. Tom Wolf has signed legislation that removes a ban on hunting with semi-automatic rifles.

Act 168 of 2016, formerly House Bill 263, also removes the ban on air- and gas-powered rifles.

The legislation doesn’t automatically allow the guns to be used for hunting, but it gives the Pennsylvania Game Commission the authority to regulate and allow their use during certain seasons or for certain animals.

The bill’s author, Rep. Matt Gabler (R-Clearfield/Elk), said the legislation brings Pennsylvania in line with many other states that allow semi-automatic firearms as a hunting option.

http://abc27.com/2016/11/21/gov-wolf-signs-bill-to-give-hunters-new-gun-options/

Out****ingstanding! I didn't expect him to sign it.

Wolf is a bit of a dick, and hasn't done much good for the state, except maybe help turn it a shade more red then it previously was. Definitely still a purple state.

Time to head out for some deers with a 100 rd drum mag. It'd be like taking out Charlie in 'Nam.

I've known plenty of hunters from PA but have never heard of this regulation. Thats crazy, Theres all sorts of Fuddy semi-autos that are great hunting rifles, Rem 742 ect...

I've known plenty of hunters from PA but have never heard of this regulation. Thats crazy, Theres all sorts of Fuddy semi-autos that are great hunting rifles, Rem 742 ect...

This has been a thing forever in PA. My entire life, and probably my father's as well. It was always a huge bitching point for hunters. Since we all grew up with it, it's just something we adapted to. Everyone we hunt with except my dad, me, and my brother all have lever action Marlins.

The problem is, this doesn't mean that everybody can go hunting with Semis tomorrow. Rumor is that the Game Commission has no intention of changing the regulation to allow it.

This has been a thing forever in PA. My entire life, and probably my father's as well. It was always a huge bitching point for hunters. Since we all grew up with it, it's just something we adapted to. Everyone we hunt with except my dad, me, and my brother all have lever action Marlins.

IIRC, PA used to be a shotgun only state, not sure when this changed.

Three round limit in mag?

Yes, but only for shotguns while turkey hunting. Gotta have the plug in for that. Otherwise there isn't a limit that I know about. And certainly not one that any of us followed.

IIRC, PA used to be a shotgun only state, not sure when this changed.

No, there are certain counties like Allegheny that are shotgun only. The vast majority of the state says rifles are okay and always has.

The problem is, this doesn't mean that everybody can go hunting with Semis tomorrow. Rumor is that the Game Commission has no intention of changing the regulation to allow it.

Retards. They would a lot more out of state folks like me who don't want to buy a new rifle and aren't gonna spend a ****ing dime in New York for hunting. I'd love to drive thru there and give it the finger on the way to PA with my money.

Perfect. Instant hamburger....

He's referring to the this BAR:

13749291_1.jpg

They come in both short and long actions, and can be had in calibers from .243 up to .338 Win Mag

Retards. They would a lot more out of state folks like me who don't want to buy a new rifle and aren't gonna spend a ****ing dime in New York for hunting. I'd love to drive thru there and give it the finger on the way to PA with my money.

Give it time. The Game Commission runs on its own schedule and does things according to its own seekrit designs (see the stupid tine rule for buck season). Eventually they'll come around and allow semiautomatics. The reasoning is that it's not sporting to allow such a quick follow up shot, though if you get good enough with a lever or a bolt you're putting that follow up shot down range in a fraction of a second anyway.

Also, what kind of gun owner doesn't want to buy a new rifle, and how do you not own a bolt gun yet? You can always borrow a gun from a friend. No registration in PA so they don't care who actually owns the gun you're carrying out in the woods unless you commit a crime.

I live in PA now. Rumor is that PA Game Commission will be legalizing SA for the 2017-2018 season for predator and small game hunting, but not big game. Then they will look at big game in the following couple years. I'm for all of it. Anyone that's ever heard the amount of shots an Amish driving party can put out with lever action and pump rifles knows SA wouldn't really be any worse. [smile]

And don't that suck

What makes you think us PA.Hunters want out of state people in our state anyways, stay in your own state,if you don't like our rules [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom