P80 Help

With a P80 you'll get a masters degree in trouble shooting problems.

Does the slide go all the way into battery or does it fall short by about 1/16" of an inch where you can push it closed with your thumb?

What slide manufacturer did you use?

Slide needs to move 100% foward an back, on its own. Meaning a short pull on the slide, slide should return to full lock on its own.
Check that you have spring arms in correct position.
Check your slide is properly assembled.

What lower parts kit did you use? I’ve read that people have problems when using Lone Wolf kits.
Check out Polymer 80 Master Builders on Facebook

Sometimes people have also had to change the weight of the recoil spring and lower it. But that is usually if it's for a barrel compensator.
But every custom glock is different..

Unfortunately, not enough info to really troubleshoot other than saying it could be anything. Upload a picture of your lower from overhead and a couple angles.
  1. When you say "nothing", do you really mean "nothing"? What I mean, is does the trigger set/reset upon racking? Do you feel a wall? Does it break and not click? Or do you literally mean "nothing", where there is no wall and a dead feeling trigger? If the trigger is doing some of these things and not others, at least you can narrow down the possibilities.
  2. Did you build the upper as well, or was that purchased complete?
  3. Does the trigger seem to work without the slide on it? (ie. can you feel the spring and it clears the trigger drop safety nub?)
  4. Does the firing pin safety plunger move and reset?

Usually I have found it is the slide not going into battery. cycling it a few hundred times by hand with some lube on the top of the barrel where it likely scraping against the slide.

This can be mitigated by polishing the rails before you put them into the frame. Greatly helps reduce that break-in period.

The flat spring that sits under the slide removal bar needs to be seated properly or it will not let the slide move fully forward. It is a little tricky to get that spring in the slot far enough to sit level to just below the frame. If it sticks up just a little it will keep the slide from going forward.

Back
Top Bottom