P80 Build (Slow and Steady)

Simple P80 Glock 19 build. I will be adding pictures along the way. As of right now I'm acquiring parts, the frame being the only one yet and then probably the lower trigger kit. Speaking of trigger kits any recommendations on what you guys like what worked well for you, looking for something around 4-5# pull? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

I was pleasantly surprised by the kit trigger action and trigger shoe selection (came with 2) in my P80 build kit. Their "flat" trigger is still slightly tapered towards the bottom, which I like over just a straight flat face. The pull was initially stiff and around 6lbs, but broke in around 5. Very short break and reset for a factory trigger, and very audible and tactile reset. I was originally planning on buying an Apex trigger, but decided to just keep the stock. My only real complaint is that it is polymer, but that's really nit picking. If yours came with a trigger, then I'd say to test that first before dropping extra cash.

Thanks for the input you guys! I should be adding pics soon as I got a trigger kit for a really good price. I'll probably see how it feels once the whole thing is completed, maybe I'll change the elector bar but time will tell. Might have scored an even better deal for a gen 3 19 complete upper, fingers crossed haha. I'll let you guys know once the parts are in.

Oh almost forgot any of you guys like ghost rings for your rear sight? I was originally thing basic blacked notch in the rear and a tritium front but then I saw a ghost ring... Anyway thoughts?

Oh almost forgot any of you guys like ghost rings for your rear sight? I was originally thing basic blacked notch in the rear and a tritium front but then I saw a ghost ring... Anyway thoughts?

Never tried them, but they look like they'd be fast for minute of man, but not precise at distance.

Just finished my first build a few weeks ago and it works beautifully. Happy to help w/ any questions. Absolutely definitely watch all the Marine Gun Builder vids. Youtube took the important ones down, but they're now up on Rumble dot calm. Don't cheap out on your tools, it's worth waiting /$aving and doing it right. Ghost rings are better on shotguns, go irons or red/green dot.

Thanks for the support you guys! I know it's been a second so here's a pic of everything I've acquired.

P80 940C Frame Black kit
KM Tactical Lower parts kit
Lone Wolf ejector (to replace the smaller one in the trigger housing) *forgive me if my terms are off still learning XD
MDX Arms Complete V1 Upper with a threaded barrel
Magpul G19 10rd mags
Agency Arms Magwell

IMG_20220122_213255329.jpg

I'm probably going to start working on the frame next week, removing the tabs and channel and cleaning up any edges on the frame I don't like. 1st time lunacy lol, thanks for recommending the videos and information. I'll post more as I get going!

looks like you got extra parts. slide parts, in particular. Also, why is there a separate ejector part? Do they break? What's the reason?

looks like you got extra parts. slide parts, in particular. Also, why is there a separate ejector part? Do they break? What's the reason?
Glock uses a polymer trigger housing but the ejector is metal.

I don't see any extra slide parts there. The slide itself has the barrel and recoil spring installed. The bag at the bottom middle has the assembly to put the striker together (cups, spring, sleeve, striker). There's the spring loaded bearing and its spring and rod, the extractor, firing pin safety and striker cover, everything he needs.

Last edited:
Glock uses a polymer trigger housing but the ejector is metal.

I don't see any extra slide parts there.

It might look weird because some P80 kits the ejector is pre-installed in the rear block piece from the factory, so seeing the ejector by itself is a little odd. I noticed Lone Wolf makes you install it yourself. Maybe he thought that ejector was a spare.

It might look weird because some P80 kits the ejector is pre-installed in the rear block piece from the factory, so seeing the ejector by itself is a little odd. I noticed Lone Wolf makes you install it yourself. Maybe he thought that ejector was a spare.
Maybe. All the kits I've done I've had to do the ejector myself, and one I had to do my own channel liner. I've had to install all triggers "from scratch," i.e. no blade on the trigger installed, the shoe not on the bar, etc.

Maybe. All the kits I've done I've had to do the ejector myself, and one I had to do my own channel liner. I've had to install all triggers "from scratch," i.e. no blade on the trigger installed, the shoe not on the bar, etc.
I only have one under my belt. More of an experiment than being a serious build. Used a hand crank drill.

Anyway, my ejector was pre-installed on that one. But the rest (channel liner, trigger, blocks, takedown spring) all the tricky stuff was still left for me to handle.

Edited: I just realized you said you installed the trigger BLADE. That's kind of nuts. My trigger shoe was one piece.

Last edited:
In my alone Wolf kit there was an ejector for 9mm (installed) and an ejector for .40 that wasn’t. The .40 ejector had gone through quality control by Ray Charles as I had to grind it to fit into the housing as it was way too thick. I was doing a lower for P80 G23

I've read that the metal slide part doesn't fit the frame well and causes it to crack or keep the slide misaligned. There is even an aftermarket part that is supposed to work correctly. I'm talking about the metal part that goes into the frame in the middle of it with four holes on its legs.

Huh. I believe you are referring to the locking block and mine actually slid in very nicely. I’ve heard some people have had to grind theirs. Guess I got lucky but time will tell. I have a P80 for a G23, P80 G17 and another one that I’m thinking of doing in a advantage arms .22 in a G19.

I had bought a second ejector pin because I didn't know how flimsy the km tactical pin was. I had read and heard that some are very "springy" and people had ejection issues. So upgrading it to a bigger ejector pin that was more solid would help with clearing the cases. However upon looking at the pin that came with it, it was also quite beefy and imo not worth replacing. I don't mind having spare parts though I'll probably build another one lol.

I had bought a second ejector pin because I didn't know how flimsy the km tactical pin was. I had read and heard that some are very "springy" and people had ejection issues. So upgrading it to a bigger ejector pin that was more solid would help with clearing the cases. However upon looking at the pin that came with it, it was also quite beefy and imo not worth replacing. I don't mind having spare parts though I'll probably build another one lol.
And that is how you can fill a gun safe, trust me. (and that isn't a bad thing)

Got the slide delivered today for 1 of the 3 I picked up from lone wolf for $50 from the deals thread. Wuelf upper, magpul mags and the lower completion kit from lone wolf.
Seems to function ok. Will probably get to try it tomorrow.
FBFE6075-2279-40EE-80F8-B5ABBA3D3F33.jpeg

Last edited:
Would love some slide recommendations for the other builds. What’s everyone using? Not looking to drop $500 on them 😂

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the MGB? All his stuff is down. Was he censored, scrubbed, zucked, Xidened, deemed offensive, disappeared?

Wow. I was just there Friday and all was well accept that some of the videos were now removed from YouTube but when
I googled for them I was able to find them hosted on a different site. Can’t remember it right now though. It was his video about pins.

Wow. I was just there Friday and all was well accept that some of the videos were now removed from YouTube but when
I googled for them I was able to find them hosted on a different site. Can’t remember it right now though. It was his video about pins.
Most likely Rumble. Youtube changed their terms of service to no longer allow any reloading (production of ammunition) or production of firearms, so all those videos have disappeared.

Rumble is the new home for all of this and is a pretty good site.

Most likely Rumble. Youtube changed their terms of service to no longer allow any reloading (production of ammunition) or production of firearms, so all those videos have disappeared.

Rumble is the new home for all of this and is a pretty good site.
But his website is even down. Kind of like Thetroutwhisperer said, it's like they scrubbed all of his stuff. His sites read "down for maintenance".

Back
Top Bottom