• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P365 holster

anrdesignkydexholster.com
These guys are in Manchester and were at Sig for their open house. I looked at their holsters and had an IWB made for my 320 Legion. Same holster and gun one of the owners used for EDC Great service and product.

it is made for appendix, but i do not carry appendix. I use this about 330-400 (right behind the old love grips) with a Kahr PM45. works great for me and the Kydex is great for draw after the break in period (anything in leather will have a break in period, i suggest you holster the weapon and find the sweatiest acvtivity you can complete to speed that process up).

Not to hijack this thread but I don't know how some of you guys carry full size pistols. Even with appropriate clothing, you can still see I'm clearly carrying something, and I've tried every position with a myriad of holsters. I feel like I'm missing something.

Not to hijack this thread but I don't know how some of you guys carry full size pistols. Even with appropriate clothing, you can still see I'm clearly carrying something, and I've tried every position with a myriad of holsters. I feel like I'm missing something.
Well, there's what @Masswhole said. It sounds flip, but is really important advice.

But really, everybody's body is different. Where how you carry a firearm is going to be affected by your body shape, and what you find comfortable. Good equipment (belts and holsters) make a ton of difference, and a hoodie (i.e. dressing around the gun) can hide a lot of sins. The best way to figure out what works for you is to try on a lot of different gear with the pistols you want to carry, in the clothes you want to wear. This is why so many of us have so many extra holsters at home.

What follows is a single point of data:
I'm about 6'3", 200 lb - slim, but no longer "skeletal." I have a full-sized 1911 that I can put on at about 5:00 and it completely disappears. This is because, frankly, my butt is big enough that it buries the pistol's grip into the hollow of my lower back. Conversely, when I am being less than compulsive about my posture with my Shield at appendix, it prints a little. Of course, the only person who ever notices is me (see @Masswhole's comment above).
Meanwhile, I was comfortable wearing a G19 and a spare magazine AIWB in the GOAL Fashion Show last month because the pistol had a "claw" on the holster. These claws are specifically designed to turn the butt in against your body, improving concealment. Some other holsters have wedges that push the muzzle end away from the body, which again improves concealment by pressing the pistol grip into your body. These devices may be uncomfortable for some, the only way to find out is to try one on.

Not missing anything, but really is going to depend a myriad of factors. With a dark or patterned untucked button down shirt I can make a glock 19/17/34 dissapear in AIWB. But i dont carry one every day nor would i prefer to. With a Sig 365 or a S&W airwieght J-frame you can make it dissapear and almost forget you are carrying it. It's a trade off but if you want to carry all the time its often a necessary one depending on a variety of considerations: dress requirements, activity, social/professional enviroment, accessibility, perceived risk. There is really isnt a one size fits all solution. I have figured out which guns/holsters/clothes work well for me but it took the better part of 3 years to settle on my current choices and I am still trying new shit out all the time.

You might consider rephrasing the OP. It's probably be a personal failing on my part, but I also took it to mean you were seeking help in making AIWB work for you. To be clear, I don't care how you carry, so long as you can do so with relative comfort when/where/if you want to.

Two thoughts that might be of help:
  1. Reading your comments, it sounds to me like you might like a soft loop holster. I would recommend the Blade-Tech Nano (I love the one I have for my 1911) but it looks like they don't make one for the P365 yet. Might be worth finding out if they have plans to offer one?
  2. I can't tell from the photo if that's an actual gun belt or not. If it isn't, you'll find that something stiffer will help with providing the support you need. It might also help it feel generally more secure, as the style clip in that photo is designed to hold onto a thicker, leather belt. If it's actually slipping off the belt, you might also consider replacing the clip either with one that's lower-profile and/or has a more aggressive tooth, or to see if you can install soft loops or a J-hook instead.
It is a kore essentials x6

It is a kore essentials x6
Then strike that comment, looks like you're already on these right track there.

At risk of derailing, how do you like it? I've been thinking about grabbing one of their offerings, but haven't had a chance to hear from real humans about them...

Not missing anything, but really is going to depend a myriad of factors. With a dark or patterned untucked button down shirt I can make a glock 19/17/34 dissapear in AIWB. But i dont carry one every day nor would i prefer to. With a Sig 365 or a S&W airwieght J-frame you can make it dissapear and almost forget you are carrying it. It's a trade off but if you want to carry all the time its often a necessary one depending on a variety of considerations: dress requirements, activity, social/professional enviroment, accessibility, perceived risk. There is really isnt a one size fits all solution. I have figured out which guns/holsters/clothes work well for me but it took the better part of 3 years to settle on my current choices and I am still trying new shit out all the time.
For sure it's just going to take me some more time to figure out the best way to carry it, and to possibly be okay with it showing even a little.

I haven't been able to make AIWB work for me at all. It's fine standing up, but I can't bend over or sit down with even an iota of comfort. 3 o'clock is the easiest to draw from, but is the most visible on me (even with a sweater) as you can clearly see my frame is a good 1-2" wider on the right than left. 4:30 is the least visible (especially if I use the shorter P365 mag), but again, sitting on a chair causes it to dig in and it's the most difficult position to draw from.

I will say that a holster like the Stealth Gear Ventcore or (my preferred) Black Arch Protos-M is worlds more comfortable for me than a lot of these rigid kydex holsters some prefer (I have the Vedder LightTuck which is a very nice holster but horribly uncomfortable), but they do seem to add a bit of heft to the carry.

you don't have to hide it from yourself, just from the masses looking at their phones, not your butt.

Black Rhino Concealment custom made this holster for my XL with a Surefire XC1-B and optic cut. I also have a holster from them for my P320. Excellent holsters.

flPHP0o.jpg

83vRT0x.jpg

Then strike that comment, looks like you're already on these right track there.

At risk of derailing, how do you like it? I've been thinking about grabbing one of their offerings, but haven't had a chance to hear from real humans about them...

I love them. I have the tactical one for EDC and the regular leather for other occasions. With my other EDC guns I use alien gear hybrids. No issues ever. All the way up to1911 OWB. But I was just seeing if there’s some alternative becuase to me a hybrid holster seems like a whole lot of real estate for such a small gun. Thanks. Be well

Which NSR model
Best way to get what you want is to actually call them and tell then what you're looking for. It ain't gonna be cheap and you'll wait a bit for it, but they make quality stuff. Most of their quick ship stuff is geared towards glock. Any of their holsters labeled IWB are for strong side iwb carry. Appendix designs are labeled as such.

Concealment Express. I have a P365 that I carry in the small of my back at 6 o'clock. Same thing with my Glock 19. Small of back, for me anyway, is the most comfortable way to carry without messing around with clothing, buying larger pants etc

Looks like you found one you like. For others looking, I have 3 holsters from DeSantis - Gunhides for IWB, and one for pocket carry (P938). They're made of nylon, which I personally prefer over any hard material, but also retain their shape, making reholstering not a problem.

Not caring if you print.
I agree. When I first started carrying, I was constantly adjusting my large button-down shirts. I felt like everyone was staring at my waist. Now, I wear t-shirts that ride up any time I move. I couldn't care less if someone notices. [laugh]

I use 508holsters Kydex IWB for my Sig P365. I use the Sig P365 as a replacement for the roles my S&W 3913 (still own it just forget about finding a good kydex holster or any non universal generic holster for it). This was my first semi-auto. It’s heavy for what it is. Still love this gun.. it was the first 9 mm designed for CCW before the P239 came out.

I also have A S&W 6946 (My grandfathers police duty pistol and his EDC for many years , very sentimental for me as he passed away last year). Mostly sits in the safe for the same reasons my S&W 3913 does.

Typically my EDC during the week 9-5 is a S&W Model 642 pre Hillary lock with the pachmayer extended grips (you push a button and the grip extends out) in a deep cover Smart carry.With a small can of OC spray also hidden.

My EDC outside of 9-5 is a Model 64-5 NY-1 Trigger K frame 6 shot. 38 Special revolver. I use and Azula gun leather IWB holster. This is a full size revolver. When I first brought it I intended on using it as a winter carry. This revolver conceals amazingly well! I am some what limited on grip choices since it’s a square butt with hogue monogrips.

The revolver isn’t that heavy either! It not top
Heavy like my full-size P226 which that grip is like a brick.

With warmer weather my Sig P365 will replace the role of the K frame revolver.

Would it be as easy to conceal a L frame or even an N frame... maybe but weight would be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom