P365 "Best" CCW - ?

I didn’t liken the 365 to a Ferrari. I merely stated that other types of “tools” can be a pain in the rear to maintain. Don’t try to read between nonexistent lines. I even note it’s not a direct analogy, but that the focus of wear and tear is ubiquitous in all tools.

Your comparing a ferrari to a 365. Your saying it's ok to have to change parts in a Ferrari as compared to a 365. A ferrari is a luxury item used for pleasure And when it comes to owning a Ferrari, high maintenance costs are well known and come with the territory.
This is news to me that frequent firing pin changes are common place in the carry gun world...lol
Its honestly crazy that people are making excuses.

So that makes it acceptable for sig to make a gun that needs a firing pin every 1k rounds?..lol.
Would if it breaks before 1k rounds, how do I know it wont break it the wrong time. ?
That's absurd. Sig apologizers.
All I know is, if that was Glocks issue. There would be threads dedicated for how bad Glock has gone down the shit pipe. And youd be the guy to post it.
So the 365 is that magical where parts maintenance is acceptable...lol

You may be confusing me with someone else. I like both Glock and Sig. I sleep around a lot.

I honestly wasn’t very impressed with the 365 in the brief time I got to shoot one. That’s based on direct comparison to my two EDC guns, a S&W Shield and a Springfield XD-S, both in 9mm. Two things are keeping me from ditching my current EDC pistols in favor of the 365. First is the increasing thickness of a double stack design, and the second is a noticeably sharper felt recoil impulse.

What you said is ridiculous. I have absolute faith in it. IF the striker is changed every 1000 rounds.

I used to fly airplanes. Some parts are changed on "time" in other words, you change it after X number of hours regardless of its condition. Think of it like that. That didn't mean I didn't have faith in my airplane.
No, u have no faith in it, unless you are constantly changing parts, lol , who’s to say it won’t break at 350 rounds ? Who really knows... I have never had to change a firing pin in a Glock, ever... not sure why it’s ok just because it’s a Sig ? lol sad

PPS ... older model.

Great gun. Shooting it at 25 yards is not easy. But it also was never designed to be shot at 25 yards.

I didn’t liken the 365 to a Ferrari. I merely stated that other types of “tools” can be a pain in the rear to maintain. Don’t try to read between nonexistent lines. I even note it’s not a direct analogy, but that the focus of wear and tear is ubiquitous in all tools.

If the firing pin is actually intervaled at 1000 rounds this is pretty bad by handgun standards, especially in the realm
of something primarily marketed as a self defense tool. If this was a special bullseye pistol or something, nobody
would give a shit, because nobody is going to die if the pin fails.

What you said is ridiculous. I have absolute faith in it. IF the striker is changed every 1000 rounds.

That doesn't change the fact that it's pathetically bad, if it's actually true. Rkvjunior has posted a lot of shit that is mind numbing in the past, but if this is the actual spec, or the typical lifespan, then I'm 110% in agreement with
him here. If the firing pin interval is less than a recoil spring interval, I don't want that thing in my gun
safe, period end full stop. That's just a joke.

I am hoping this # is more like "1000 rounds is the result of a manufacturing defect" than an actual specification?

I used to fly airplanes. Some parts are changed on "time" in other words, you change it after X number of hours regardless of its condition. Think of it like that. That didn't mean I didn't have faith in my airplane.

This isn't an airplane, though. If it was it would be tolerable, or at least likely comparable to some other
airplane, and in that case you could accept it because other airplanes have similar requirements.

-Mike

Your comparing a ferrari to a 365. Your saying it's ok to have to change parts in a Ferrari as compared to a 365. A ferrari is a luxury item used for pleasure And when it comes to owning a Ferrari, high maintenance costs are well known and come with the territory.
This is news to me that frequent firing pin changes are common place in the carry gun world...lol
Its honestly crazy that people are making excuses.

The ferarri comparison stinks- even a P365 probably isn't that bad. People who buy Ferraris expect them to fail
at random odd intervals, or at least, if they don't, they didn't know what they were getting into. Even aggressive PM on exotic cars doesn't stop random failures. Otherwise I agree with you.

This isn't an issue of cost either, but interval. At that kind of retarded interval I'd have to keep a f***ing logbook for that handgun, or alternatively, I'd just buy two of them and carry one (but test obviously) and practice with the other one and just shoot it till it broke.

A better analogy would be like "This is a great fire extinguisher, but you better recharge it every 6 months, otherwise it might lose pressure after that and be useless". That would likely be considered 110% unacceptable by people installing fire extinguishers into buildings, where an annual inspection is more likely.

-Mike

If the firing pin is actually intervaled at 1000 rounds this is pretty bad by handgun standards, especially in the realm
of something primarily marketed as a self defense tool. If this was a special bullseye pistol or something, nobody
would give a shit, because nobody is going to die if the pin fails.

That doesn't change the fact that it's pathetically bad, if it's actually true. Rkvjunior has posted a lot of shit that is mind numbing in the past, but if this is the actual spec, or the typical lifespan, then I'm 110% in agreement with
him here. If the firing pin interval is less than a recoil spring interval, I don't want that thing in my gun
safe, period end full stop. That's just a joke.

I am hoping this # is more like "1000 rounds is the result of a manufacturing defect" than an actual specification?

This isn't an airplane, though. If it was it would be tolerable, or at least likely comparable to some other
airplane, and in that case you could accept it because other airplanes have similar requirements.

-Mike

I think one guy mentioned he would change it every 1000 rounds and it became gospel.

Very interested in trying a CZ 75 PCR. Might be selling my G19 to a friend and if so

Unless it doesn't fit your hand, why would you sell a G19? Ever?

Then again if you're getting a CZ with it, not the worst decision ever. It's not like you're getting an M&P or
something dumb like that. (I kid, I kid..... I can hear the panty shield bees flying in already).

-Mike

I think one guy mentioned he would change it every 1000 rounds and it became gospel.

Agreed.

Very early on in the production run of these guns (early 2018), there were a number of guns that had issues with firing pins. Improvements were made later in the year which seemed to solve the issue, and there have been recent changes made which have made the issue even less likely. I belong to two Sig forums, and I've read the P365 manual cover to cover, and nowhere have I read of anyone recommending that the firing pin be replaced after 1000 rounds. Sure, if you have one of the early guns, I'd probably recommend changing the firing pin out for a new one, but otherwise, absolutely no need to do so at any point.

I should add that I bought my 365 a couple of months ago when they first became available here in MA, and after close to 1000 rounds later, the gun has run flawlessly, without a single hiccup. To me, it's the perfect EDC gun.

Frank

Unless it doesn't fit your hand, why would you sell a G19? Ever?

Then again if you're getting a CZ with it, not the worst decision ever. It's not like you're getting an M&P or
something dumb like that. (I kid, I kid..... I can hear the panty shield bees flying in already).

-Mike
I'm a bit on the fence. The same reasons I'm hesitant to sell it are the same reason the friend wants it--the ubiquitous nature of parts/accessories, super cheap mags, holster availability, PCC crossover with mags.

For me, it boils down to the fact that it's a CCW only piece for me (it's not a gun that excites me), and I've never really shot it that well. It's eminently reliable and I can hit with it, it's just kind of meh for me. As a result, if I were replacing it with a different CCW then I am thinking I won't miss it.

It's not quite in the realm of ARs for me (I don't love ARs, but as the de facto standard I think it's important to have one or more and be familiar with them), which I do enjoy shooting just not as much as others. The Glock, for me, is a tool...and I have found I enjoy CZs more.

And I've been hating on the Shield forever.

Back
Top Bottom