P320 Threaded Barrel Question

Hopefully someone can help. I have the 3.9” P320 Compact RX (its optic ready). I want to buy the Sig 4.3 Threaded (picture). Is that just a “plug and play” barrel or do I need to change the spring? TYIA!

Attachments

• E2641C9A-0167-43E6-A811-33007B15B0DF.png
    E2641C9A-0167-43E6-A811-33007B15B0DF.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
I have the Compact RX slide and it shoots my 4.7” threaded barrel on the same spring without issue, at least with medium and up loads (1050fps at 115gr).

That barrel 4.3” in your post may be too short for your non “X” compact slide. Note the X-compact slide is for a 3.6” barrel, the "non-X" Compact RX that you (and I) have is for a 3.9”. The thread protector on mine is ~0.45”, so I wonder if it or a muzzle device would hit the slide and not fully engage the threads? I would verify with Sig before purchase.

I have the Compact RX slide and it shoots my 4.7” threaded barrel on the same spring without issue, at least with medium and up loads (1050fps at 115gr).

That barrel 4.3” in your post may be too short for your non “X” compact slide. Note the X-compact slide is for a 3.6” barrel, the "non-X" Compact RX that you (and I) have is for a 3.9”. The thread protector on mine is ~0.45”, so I wonder if it or a muzzle device would hit the slide and not fully engage the threads? I would verify with Sig before purchase.
Hmmm…Sounds like a call to Sig tomorrow will finalize my decision. Appreciate the information, I’ll bring this with me when I call. Thank you sir.

Hmmm…Sounds like a call to Sig tomorrow will finalize my decision. Appreciate the information, I’ll bring this with me when I call. Thank you sir.
One other thing, verify the thread pattern on the barrel will work for your muzzle device. Mine is metric, and left hand twist! As you are probably aware, pretty much every 9mm muzzle device uses a 1/2x28. I am guessing SIG figured this out in the least few years, but is another thing to ask.

Back
Top Bottom