• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P229 Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves

Anyone have an opinion on these? I've heard they stick to clothing a bit, which is fine since I don't use mine for CCW anyway. Are the as comfortable as Hogue claims they are? Is it quality rubber or will it slip out of a pair of sweaty hands? For $20 they seem interesting but usually you get what you pay for.

If you mean like the Hogue Finger Groove grips pictured below, go for it. Very nice grips and comfortable. hogue makes good stuff.

9r3zmw.jpg

I have them on my carry gun a 229 and love them. Carry everyday with no problems. Also use same gun and grips for IDPA always grip same way, not sticky and very cumfortable.

Dan Long
Boston, MA

I would only put them on your gun if you have hands the size of a Gorilla. They will not slip regardless... that's for sure... they're made to be "tacky".

I have a box full of Hogue sig wraparounds/rubber side panels that are collecting dust. I should probably just Karma the darn things, The only Sigs I've ever liked them on was the P239 and the P232. For most Sigs I prefer the factory panels.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom