• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P220 Magazines not dropping easily when pressing the release

I have some older P220 factory mags that when empty need to pulled by the floor plate in conjunction with the release to be removed. I also have a brand new factory mag and another older mag that work as expected. I can't see anything protruding like grip screws that could cause the issue. Any suggestions to get these mags to drop freely? -Thanks.

Maybe this?

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/16946-p220-magazine-issues.html

THANK YOU SIG TALK! I have fixed the problem, after poking around on this forum I came across someone with trigger issues and bearone2 posted a photo of the trigger bar spring. I took a look at mine and noticed the spring was in the "hole" above the notch where it should be. Took spring out and opened it up a bit to hold tension and re-installed like the photo and now both my mags will easily drop free with slide opened and closed. I guess the improper placement was putting inward pressure on the trigger bar when the slide was locked back causing it the magazine to bind and not drop. I will still get some more mags though. Thanks again to everyone that has posted!

Photo below shows trigger bar spring in correct hole (similar set up as P220, I believe)
Does your spring look like it is in the small hole, or in the mag cutout?

P226triggerbarspring.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom