• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owning a gun a requirement to live here.

IIRC, another Georgia town did this years ago and saw something along the lines of a 90% reduction in burglaries and home invasions after doing so.

I dont question the benefits of a well armed town.

I also dont agree with any of these mandatory gun ownership laws. Its as bad as making everybody own a prius and does not do much for the cause of freedom.
Agreed that it doesn't do much for the cause of freedom, but apparently, it does a lot for the cause of public safety. Do you like every town bylaw, in the town you live in? If people who are so anti gun that they won't even entertain the idea of abiding by the new rule, they still have the option to move, just like everybody else.

I don't like mandatory anything. What's next Obama Guns? You have to buy this, it's free.

Shit, if someone told me I "had" to own guns, I probably wouldn't have any, just to spite them. ;)

Fortunately the left hasn't caught on to that tactic yet.

The right to bear arms works both ways IMO. Its my right to decide not some mob in town that drums up support for a bylaw.

IIRC Kennesaw allows heads of household the option of not owning a firearm if he/she chooses not to.

From the super-duper said:
Gun law[edit]
The town is noted for its unusual gun legislation. In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][17]
(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Oh, and FWIW - I've been looking to move south to get away from the hell that is Suckachusetts and Kennesaw is one of the towns I've been looking at. My sister lives nearby and says its a very nice place. [grin]

Last edited:
IIRC Kennesaw allows heads of household the option of not owning a firearm if he/she chooses not to.

Oh, and FWIW - I've been looking to move south to get away from the hell that is Suckachusetts and Kennesaw is one of the towns I've been looking at. My sister lives nearby and says its a very nice place. [grin]

Hey stranger, funny running into you here. How's that JK running? [wave]

Last edited:

Hey stranger, funny running into you here. How's that JK running? [wave]

JK is running awesome. She got a new set of shoes a few weeks ago - wheels and tires, new slotted and drilled rotors plus pads, new front unit bearings, a new drivers side exhaust header.... what else???? I donno. Oh, new tie rod ends and an alignment this weekend. I'm getting her ready for our annual beach vacation. [cheers] Once we're back from that I want to get some wheeling in. Its been waaaaaaay too long. [frown] If the various club schedules don't work out I plan on going to Rausch this August for a long weekend. One way or another I'm getting some wheeling in! [smile]

I dont question the benefits of a well armed town.

I also dont agree with any of these mandatory gun ownership laws. Its as bad as making everybody own a prius and does not do much for the cause of freedom.

Agreed that it's at odds with the cause of freedom, but as a deterrent to crime it's very effective and doesn't rely on a strong police force which can also be a threat to freedom.

I don't like mandatory anything. What's next Obama Guns? You have to buy this, it's free.

Shit, if someone told me I "had" to own guns, I probably wouldn't have any, just to spite them. ;)

Fortunately the left hasn't caught on to that tactic yet.

I'll take them off your hands for you.

Back
Top Bottom