Ownership of weapons whose owner has expired LTC?

If a Mass resident with a LTC owns handguns, but then due to age and medical conditions forgets to renew his LTC and it expires, is there any way I could purchase of these weapons via FA10 on my own LTC? And not get that person into any repercussions from state laws? Does anyone know the laws on this?

To sell firearms face to face in MA, the seller has to be licensed to own what he is selling. (there are exceptions, read the inheritance thread)
To sell the guns to you, you need to transport the guns to an FFL, along with the seller. The only issue you may run into is if they are older and not on the "lists" with no proof of being in-state since purchased.

George D has the correct info for you, Post 7.

In fact I did this today.

Last edited:
Sorry, obviously my first post hit a nerve with Scrivener, so as much as I like the site and akk the helpfull comment I will never post agian. Do not forget, we all started somewhere.

Sorry, obviously my first post hit a nerve with Scrivener, so as much as I like the site and akk the helpfull comment I will never post agian. Do not forget, we all started somewhere.

Hey don't be that way, you had 5 people respond, so 5 out of 6 were favorable. Everyone gets the digs here and there on this forum. Stick around lots of good info to be had.

you can also put the person in your ignore list.. it is under settings, hopefully you don't have to be a member to do so...

Well, this is how I see it. If you own a gun in MA, or have any intention of ever owning a gun in MA, the information on this subsection of this forum is the best you will come across and hopefully save you from doing something you shouldn't. You have access to the collective knowledge of a lot of informed people. The top firearm attorneys in the state post here. You are getting free advice from people who know the laws and normally charge $$$ per hour for this information. All they ask is that you take the time to read the sticky threads. If you have to take a scolding here or there, its a small price to pay for the information presented.

Last edited:
You guys are right. It is an awesome website and there is lots of great info, and very helpfull people. My apologies to all and thank you for the guidance. And yes, George, a scolding is a small price to pay.

Don't worry, it's just a reminder of why people hate lawyers. Until they need them.

dale-carnegie-how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.png

[grin]

You guys are right. It is an awesome website and there is lots of great info, and very helpfull people. My apologies to all and thank you for the guidance. And yes, George, a scolding is a small price to pay.

I don't believe you have yet received a scolding from the famous one, you will know when it happens.[laugh] How to avoid the scolding, read all the stickies and make sure what you post is 100% correct, otherwise the boogie man will get you.[shocked]

Yeah, and us mods remind him all the time we don't care how many times a newbie comes on here and asks questions. He just doesn't have to answer or click on the thread.
So MARKc366 don't let Scrivener chase you off. We do try hard to reign him in, doesn't always help. It is a great board and the people I have met from here are great. Just ignore him.

Welcome back.

Scrivener is the president of the Junior Moderators Club, just ignore him.

Your ID card and decoder ring will be mailed as soon as we receive your 2010 dues payment. (Soory, but your original check was returned with some cryptic legal notation ... "NSF"?) As for capitalization, as president you should know that the Junior Moderators [sic] Club charter explicitly prohibits the use of either apostrophes or the upper case for all titles. One would have thought that you would have taken the time to review carefully the charter and by-laws before assuming office. They've been on file at local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years now. A simple use of the search function would have determined this.

Ken

I'm still waiting for my Junior Moderator's ID Card and decoder ring.

And "president" should be capitalized. ;)

[grin]

Scriv should have the original title he had, at least that gives a heads up to newbies. It did for me when I first [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] posted here.

Just a thought.

Like we haven't ALREADY had a full thread on this - what - about ten days ago?

When you were a brand-new, wet-behind-the-ears practionioner of the legal trade you probably asked a few questions which caused other, more grizzled lawyers to roll their eyes at you.

When you were a brand-new, wet-behind-the-ears practionioner of the legal trade you probably asked a few questions which caused other, more grizzled lawyers to roll their eyes at you.

Not on a forum with the answers in stickies a few posts up.

That's okay, we forgive you.

You're a bigger man than the mods are. For those newbies who've been scorned, flogged and otherwise beaten up by Scriv....just ignore him. It's nothing personal really. He's just an all around SOB and acts that way towards every one - even the mods.

You're a bigger man than the mods are. For those newbies who've been scorned, flogged and otherwise beaten up by Scriv....just ignore him. It's nothing personal really. He's just an all around SOB and acts that way towards every one - even the mods.

Since when is equal treatment something to object to?

Back
Top Bottom