OWB Holster

Hi Everyone!

With the cold weather here I usually carry an OWB holster under my jacket or sweater. The current holster I use needs to clip on a belt and then thread the belt through the loops. I find this annoying and time consuming (leaving to go grocery shopping, walk the dog, go outside, etc).

Does anyone know of a OWB holster that does not need to loop though the belt? I’ve seen ‘G-Code’ paddle attachment but sadly they do not have the P320 X Compact forms.

Thoughts? Anyone experience another style?

-K

I’m not a fan of paddle holsters as they often don‘t hold the gun in tight to my side.

I had an expensive Milt Sparks holsters with snap loops. I found the snaps to be so stiff and hard to use that it was faster to simply thread the damn thing onto my belt than to use those $&@*! snaps. Of course, I spend my days pushing a mouse around so I have soft, weak girly hands.

I have some IWB holsters with metal clips that slide over the belt, but to be honest they don’t hold the holster to the belt all that securely. All my OWB holsters have loops that I slide my belt through.

Garrett holsters are excellent. Here's a link to one that can be a paddle type holster that you're looking for. Silent Thunder Champion I'd give them a call if you want to modify one of their other style to a paddle. The Silent Thunder is one that they might be able to change to a paddle type. Great customer service and easy to talk to.

Garrett holsters are excellent. Here's a link to one that can be a paddle type holster that you're looking for. Silent Thunder Champion I'd give them a call if you want to modify one of their other style to a paddle. The Silent Thunder is one that they might be able to change to a paddle type. Great customer service and easy to talk to.

Garrett are great - I mostly use their IWB, which have nylon clips - they work great and very secure. I've not tried an OWB with a nylon clip though, but they do sell them.

I had one of theirs with belt snaps - worked fine but sold it with the gun (HK USPc).

G21000-2.jpg

Garrett are great - I mostly use their IWB, which have nylon clips - they work great and very secure. I've not tried an OWB with a nylon clip though, but they do sell them.

I had one of theirs with belt snaps - worked fine but sold it with the gun (HK USPc).

G21000-2.jpg
Yeah, I use their STX-2 holsters for OWB. They pull the gun in nice and tight to the body. Worth every penny. Silent Thunder STX 2.0

I’m not a fan of paddle holsters as they often don‘t hold the gun in tight to my side.

I had an expensive Milt Sparks holsters with snap loops. I found the snaps to be so stiff and hard to use that it was faster to simply thread the damn thing onto my belt than to use those $&@*! snaps. Of course, I spend my days pushing a mouse around so I have soft, weak girly hands.

I have some IWB holsters with metal clips that slide over the belt, but to be honest they don’t hold the holster to the belt all that securely. All my OWB holsters have loops that I slide my belt through.

Are you sure those weren’t uni-directional snaps? Those usually have a small divet on them to only allow them to be snapped or unsnapped in one direction for safety and retainment. Harder or near impossible to snap unless they’re going in the right direction.

Vedder makes paddle holsters, though I’ve only used their iwb models.

X Compact should fit in any holster made for 320 subcompact, I think. It’s a SC slide on a compact module so all the dimensional differences are outside the holster.

I have belt slide holsters and just leave them on for the most part.

I found a couple on Craigslist and use them. They are for 1911s but hold my LC9s ok. Plus they will hold my 1911, obviously.

Very unobtrusive if not carrying.

Are you sure those weren’t uni-directional snaps? Those usually have a small divet on them to only allow them to be snapped or unsnapped in one direction for safety and retainment. Harder or near impossible to snap unless they’re going in the right direction.
Dunno. All I know is that it was a bear to close those snaps when the holster was on my belt.

as noted above paddle attachments sort of suck but some people do use them

Bravo concealment might have a holster for you but I'm not a fan of them in general

Paul (PJ Holster) can probably make you exactly what you're looking for although not sure about the paddles. his work is solid.

if you want a top quality holster I would go with a JM custom OWB although both of his holsters use loops (for good reason because they work best)

...I usually carry an OWB holster under my jacket or sweater. The current holster I use needs to clip on a belt and then thread the belt through the loops. I find this annoying and time consuming (leaving to go grocery shopping, walk the dog, go outside, etc). Does anyone know of a OWB holster that does not need to loop though the belt?

Raven has an optional 'QMS Adapter Kit' for their 'Perun' holster, which might be just what you're looking for.

"It's ever what you want."

Generally preferring holsters to be made from Kydex, I, too, am prejudiced against injection-molded holsters. (I've got a Blade-Tech Eclipse (for a 1911) that is most certainly 'cheap crap'; I took it out of the box, tried it on, tried it for fit, broke a belt loop, and then put it back in the box; it's so bad that I've never used it.) When Raven went from Kydex to injection-molded, I was disappointed. But (as Alexandre Dumas once wrote) "All generalizations are dangerous, even this one." Eventually, I tried a Perun (for a G48) for myself, and I quickly learned that I'd been wrong to assume that injection-molded necessarily meant an inferior product - because my Perun holsters work perfectly.

I’ve used it. I despise the Perun. It is overly bulky. It has tall sweat shields in both the inside of the holster (next to your skin) and the outside of the holster. The sweat shields are too tall and they are also thin. The outside sweat shield makes it harder to holster the gun — it just gets in the way. The inside sweatshield cuts the knuckle of my thumb if I spend time dry firing and doing repeated draws.

I understand why the Perun has sweatshields in the inside and outside of the holster: it saves money. The holster body is now ambidextrous so Raven only has to buy one plastic mold (and custom molds are expensive). It also cuts in half the number of SKUs that he has to stock.

I stand by my judgement of the Perun. It is junk that has cheapened their Raven Concealment brand.

The Mitch Rosen Premier is an excellent leather belt holster with snap loops, and he's a local maker - expensive, but one of the best in the country.

There are many leather holster makers who can do the snap-loop style for you. I just googled "snap loop holster" and found a bunch at a wide range of quality and price.

I’ve used it. I despise the Perun. It is overly bulky. It has tall sweat shields in both the inside of the holster (next to your skin) and the outside of the holster. The sweat shields are too tall and they are also thin. The outside sweat shield makes it harder to holster the gun — it just gets in the way. The inside sweatshield cuts the knuckle of my thumb if I spend time dry firing and doing repeated draws.

I understand why the Perun has sweatshields in the inside and outside of the holster: it saves money. The holster body is now ambidextrous so Raven only has to buy one plastic mold (and custom molds are expensive). It also cuts in half the number of SKUs that he has to stock.

I stand by my judgement of the Perun. It is junk that has cheapened their Raven Concealment brand.

I, too, disliked the appearance of the bilateral sweatshields that are part of the Perun's design. I, too, regarded them as a 'feature' included only so that Raven could market the Perun as ambidextrous (which it is), and I wished that Raven offered the Perun without the bilateral sweatshields. Then I bought one.

In my experience, however, I like them. The body-side shield (for G48, and G19) does not interfere with my grip, or my draw, or my re-holster, and neither does the other (outside) shield. The outside shield actually encourages proper re-holstering technique, a strict technique does not allow the muzzle to point at any part of your body. For this reason I have come to regard the Perun's bilateral sweatshield to be a genuine safety feature; in my opinion, if the outside shield interferes with re-holstering, you probably should speak to a firearms instructor about your re-holstering technique.

Hi Everyone!

With the cold weather here I usually carry an OWB holster under my jacket or sweater. The current holster I use needs to clip on a belt and then thread the belt through the loops. I find this annoying and time consuming (leaving to go grocery shopping, walk the dog, go outside, etc).

Does anyone know of a OWB holster that does not need to loop though the belt? I’ve seen ‘G-Code’ paddle attachment but sadly they do not have the P320 X Compact forms.

Thoughts? Anyone experience another style?

-K

Look into this inexpensive OWB for the P320 which has a number of options including a clip or paddel attachment. See link below.

in my opinion, if the outside shield interferes with re-holstering, you probably should speak to a firearms instructor about your re-holstering technique.
Dude.

I am a certified firearms instructor. I have taken over 250 hours of training from highly regarded instructors, two of which are USPSA Grand Masters:

- Ben Stoeger
- Michael Seeklander
- Randy Cain
- Mas Ayoob
- SIG Academy
- S&W Academy

My holstering technique is correct.

As for the outside sweatshield being a safety feature, that is the bushwa that Raven Concealment is pushing to distract people from the fact that they did it to save money. In response to complaints, Raven says “that’s not a bug, that’s a feature!” and you bought that line.

An outside sweatshield is such a vital holster safety feature that 99% of holsters don’t have it.

Is Fobus still in business?? Cheap. Durable. Work great. For something I'll only use occasionally, I'd rather spend $20 than $80 or $100.

. . . .

Holy F. Fobus holters are now $38???? C'mon!

Is Fobus still in business?? Cheap. Durable. Work great. For something I'll only use occasionally, I'd rather spend $20 than $80 or $100.

. . . .

Holy F. Fobus holters are now $38???? C'mon!
I wonder if they went up in price because people derided them because they are cheap. I've got a bunch of Fobus holsters that I use primarily when I'm giving instruction. They work fine and with the paddle are easy on and off.

I don't carry one, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Everybody slams them but there is nothing wrong with their product.

I actually use their double mag holsters for IDPA. ha.

It's also been north of a decade since I bought one. So a 50-70% price increase is understandable. I guess. LOL

Back
Top Bottom