Overheard In The Library

ront02769

NES Member
Was sitting in the tiny new book section of my small town library last week and heard voices behind me talking about going shooting that night. Turned to check things out and it was the librarian behind the desk talking with her sister who was sporting a jacket with multiple NRA and shooting team patches, both of them by the way 16--18 years old.

Asked where they shoot and they said Taunton rifle and pistol and then went on to tell me what a great club it is. Told them that I had just taken wife and daughter to ladies night at fall river rod and gun with Daria Bruno (lock stock and daria radio show in ri) and one of them said that they had tried it over the summer.

At which point a little old lady who had just arrived and was standing at the desk says "do you have a carry permit?". I say "yes" and she gives me NOT "the look" but a big smile and says "me too but I'm not carrying now. Hadda have it back when I was on the job but all I ever had to shoot was a rabid raccoon."

Gotta love small towns

Ron

This just actually gave me a small bit of hope for our society. Thanks for a good story in this sea of misery we've been wading through lately.

There are more of us out there, than we know.

The CCW sash is considered a no-go, and "concealed means concealed" applies to more than just carry; it a part of the philosophy of Massprudence, which is unfortunate in and of itself.

Nice that the young lady was out, loud and proud with the shooting jacket.

It's time to Come out of the Gun Safe!

Was sitting in the tiny new book section of my small town library last week and heard voices behind me talking about going shooting that night. Turned to check things out and it was the librarian behind the desk talking with her sister who was sporting a jacket with multiple NRA and shooting team patches, both of them by the way 16--18 years old.

Asked where they shoot and they said Taunton rifle and pistol and then went on to tell me what a great club it is. Told them that I had just taken wife and daughter to ladies night at fall river rod and gun with Daria Bruno (lock stock and daria radio show in ri) and one of them said that they had tried it over the summer.

At which point a little old lady who had just arrived and was standing at the desk says "do you have a carry permit?". I say "yes" and she gives me NOT "the look" but a big smile and says "me too but I'm not carrying now. Hadda have it back when I was on the job but all I ever had to shoot was a rabid raccoon."

Gotta love small towns

Ron

After the guns are gone the books are next.

I know who that is and trust me, she can shoot a wing off a fly at 300 yards and has 43 NRA records to prove it, cool thing is, our new librarian is a NRA Pistol Instructor and Home Defense Instructor, got to love it, a Librarian, takes the old "hide a gun in a empty book trick" to a new level! [rofl]

See, that's exactly why we have TV and shows like "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". People start reading books and the next thing you know, they're going out doors, carrying guns and shooting at things.

Yea there is some hope out there.... When I renewed my permit the dispatcher was talking to the Sargent on duty about how it was BS that her family Dr was asking if they had firearms in the home, how stupid Obama care was, and how dumb the magazine ban was.... [thumbsup] I couldn't help but smile...

Then I got to listen to the officer who was processing my renewal - which took all of 10 minutes - bitch about how New Bedford PD was full of a bunch of jack wagons who spent more time tying up LTC holders in delays than they do cleaning up united front...

My wife is a Librarian at Harvard. We got one of her coworkers to come to the range with us. She just submitted an LTC app in Arlington.

Gotta love small towns

Ron

... The way things "used to be" in almost every small town in america....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom