No offense, but that would be 120v. Most people that say they were shocked by 240 are mistaken. It's actually pretty hard to get 240v across a body part unless you put your hand across a bussbar or something equally stupid. Any shock to ground with house voltage would be 120, even if it is a 240 circuit. Amperage is the bigger factor. One circuit with no load and a 120 shock will probably hurt a little. A heavily loaded circuit one breaker over could give you shock that could kill you. Sorry for the sidetrack, but it is an electrical thread...I've been zapped more times than I can remember with 120. More like a slightly painful tickle.
I got hit in one arm with 240 once from a frayed wire touching a metal frame. My upper arm touched the frame and my hand went to ground...
240 is no f***ing joke man. My arm hurt for a week. If I reached out with the other arm the voltage would have crossed my chest and I'd probably be dead, I was,alone an nobody was around.
Messed up thing was that the equipment power was dead, but there was a separate control box hooked up to it on a different breaker, that had the frayed wire.
I wouldn't touch 240 unless I knew it is dead for sure.