• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Over There"

There's a new show on FOX done by Steven Bocco (I know I probably murdered his name, but that's okay), the guy who did Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue. It's supposed to be based on the soldiers in Irag. In listening to the radio today, all I've heard is that it's bogus - and that from guys who've been in Irag. Infact, tonight on Laura Ingraham's show, she read a story about guys at a base (I forget which one) who've been to Iraq that watched the pilot. The main comment was "It's Bull poop (my word, not theirs).

Did anyone see it?

C-pher said:
No, we saw it and Mrs. C-pher didn't want to watch it because her brother is leaving in a week. And in case it is as you said, she didn't want to worry about something that might not be true.

From what I heard, it was typical "Hollywood" - smart move on her part.

We wanted to watch it,but we don't get the channel. Alan went next door to grandmas to watch it he liked it. C-pher, I don't blame her,me I am always curious as to how accurate they are,from what Glenn has read on it I guess it wasn't that good.

I've recommended it on the forum before, but if you want Iraq reality rent the movie "Gunner Palace"

It's about the US Troops that live in Saddam Hussein's son's palace in Baghdad. It's really a good watch.

Back
Top Bottom