• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Over a month and a half on waiting list to schedule interview in MA, still waiting

Thanks for the congrats! I asked about firearm choice because I am the worst at deciding anything. The sks and the kar look to be in an alright condition. .22LR is cheap and such, but after only owning puny .177 airguns (watching 1200fps .177 bounce off of plastic is depressing), REALLY makes you want something with magnitudes more bang! [smile]

Last month they only called 4 people. But when I called yesterday they said they would finish the final 4 (counting me) tomorrow (today). Wonder if they finally decided to get their crap together because someone finally asked what is going on.
This bears a striking resemblance to the organ waiting list.

Reading this thread about how Freetown abuses people makes my blood boil. I think you should go leave an upper decker on the chiefs car

It's really a shame. I have met most of the officers and they are pretty humble folks! However at this point I got the license and the excitement of such makes me numb to the wait time, especially since I havn't shot a gun in over a year (not counting the 10 rounds or .22lr for training).

All my buds are now in free states, and can't tell you the sky scraping amounts of jealousy of listening to them taking the ability to buy guns without any of this BS for granted... Guess you truly can't appreciate freedom unless you have to earn it (or loose it).

Finally got my piece of plastic that says I can have my rights 1 month early from ETA (6 month total wait). My first gun bought is a Ivy Johnson Champion 12ga single shot for $50 at my most local shop and a little bit of #7 1/2 birdshot to go with it. Going back again with more money, trying not to spend THAT much as I am just starting out (with gun ownership, not shooting period), but cant have just one. The available guns Im interested in are a Trailblazer .22lr single shot for $125, unknown brand (forgot) of .22lr tube fed semi auto (15 rounds) w/ scope for $200, and non-german kar98 for $200. What I REALLY want is the $425 romanian sks, but that is really high up for me, it would be difficult getting myself to bite the bullet for that one, but it is very tempting. Also a few 30-30 lever actions for around $300, and numerous .308 bolt actions for around the same price, but not as interested.

Any recommend on what I should get?

Also as promised (I think I did at least in the new members thread) I'd go green once I got my license. [smile]
I inherited my father's Marlin 88, "a .22 LR autoloader, with a fifteen shot tubular magazine, fed through the butt plate". Mine also has a bullet hole in the stock. It was extremely unreliable, and would consistently jam before emptying the magazine. Dad got so mad he threw it downrange, picked up another gun, and started shooting at it. I haven't tried shooting it. Instead, I picked up a Ruger 10/22 that hasn't jammed since I bought it.

I inherited my father's Marlin 88, "a .22 LR autoloader, with a fifteen shot tubular magazine, fed through the butt plate". Mine also has a bullet hole in the stock. It was extremely unreliable, and would consistently jam before emptying the magazine. Dad got so mad he threw it downrange, picked up another gun, and started shooting at it. I haven't tried shooting it. Instead, I picked up a Ruger 10/22 that hasn't jammed since I bought it.

After looking that up, the one in the shop was a Marlin 88 (or at least a variant, as they look identical). Thanks for the heads up! After thinking about it, .22lr guns are a dime a dozen, can hold off on one for now. Now its all up to the Turkish Mauser or the sks.... think my heart is with the sks but need a liiittle more research to make sure since the mauser seems to have a great deal.

Also finally got to shoot my Champion, first time ever shooting 12ga (before was .410), and was instantly IN LOVE with it! All my previous shooting was done in a range and finally being able to go to a massive field and shoot on my terms (safely of course; and without FUDD range rules).

Back
Top Bottom