• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Over a month and a half on waiting list to schedule interview in MA, still waiting

Last month they only called 4 people. But when I called yesterday they said they would finish the final 4 (counting me) tomorrow (today). Wonder if they finally decided to get their crap together because someone finally asked what is going on.

Bit of a disappointment, wanted license in November so could jump on the deals. Cancelled everything to do today because think they said when I first called that ones who don't pick up get pushed to the back of the list, am not entirely sure since it was 2 months ago now, but ain't risking it.

I think the form has a space for the naturalization number, not passport number.

My point was about “naturalized citizens”.

They shouldn’t care why someone is a citizen, and there certainly shouldn’t be a distinction between classes of citizenship.

This is weird, I renewed in Freetown like 2yrs ago. I went to the station in person and got an appointment within a week. Then less than a month after the appointment till the new ltc arrived in the mail. The licensing officer was Scott Rose at the time.

This is weird, I renewed in Freetown like 2yrs ago. I went to the station in person and got an appointment within a week. Then less than a month after the appointment till the new ltc arrived in the mail. The licensing officer was Scott Rose at the time.

Wish it was like that today! The new LO (Debra ???, forgot her last name) kept telling me it was the COP's fault for not turning in his schedule.

Getting the interview doesn't mean you're out of the woods. I turned in my renewal application and had my picture taken in August. Nothing yet. Calling has gotten me nowhere. The licensing officer is either not working or on patrol.

Next time they give you an appointment run around remind them of the law. When they give a song and dance about it being from the day of your appointment ask why they don't have the best emergency response times in the country, because with their logic that timer doesn't start till the vehicles pull up in the driveway.

Getting the interview doesn't mean you're out of the woods. I turned in my renewal application and had my picture taken in August. Nothing yet. Calling has gotten me nowhere. The licensing officer is either not working or on patrol.

So that means I will have a 6 month waiting period after turning in application too, doesn't it?

They did keep their word and did finally call the last 3 people ahead of me, then me. Got appointment in December and luckily not January. Hopefully this means they will be more serious in doing things faster.

In very early October I called to schedule an interview, PD told me it was not possible then, and was put on a waiting list to schedule an interview due to October being filled. Called back in early November and they said there was still 7 people ahead of me and I would be LUCKY if they called me back in late November. Is this normal? Have heard that it can take really long for the application to be processed, but never heard of scheduling an interview taking this long.
Update: called the pd today and still have 3 people ahead of me. Told me they would call back tomorrow to schedule (probably). They said I may have to wait until January for my booking!
They did keep their word and did finally call the last 3 people ahead of me, then me. Got appointment in December and luckily not January. Hopefully this means they will be more serious in doing things faster.

While you are still there, after all is entered in to the computer and sent to MIRCS, make sure they hit "print" and give you a copy to review. It also serves as a receipt of your application. This is more important on a renewal that hasn't expired. It is still worthy of you wanting it so you know exactly what was typed in for Your application for your records. There are reports of mistakes that have been made entering the application electronically. You don't say whether it is initial or renewal, I am assuming initial.

Best of luck. Matt

While you are still there, after all is entered in to the computer and sent to MIRCS, make sure they hit "print" and give you a copy to review. It also serves as a receipt of your application. This is more important on a renewal that hasn't expired. It is still worthy of you wanting it so you know exactly what was typed in for Your application for your records. There are reports of mistakes that have been made entering the application electronically. You don't say whether it is initial or renewal, I am assuming initial.

Best of luck. Matt
Good idea but the multi-page is NOT a receipt and does not grant you an infinite grace period. They have to print that receipt for you, it is a separate document.

ETA: Each of my past 2 or 3 renewals, there were mistakes in what they typed into MIRCS. I just pen and ink changed the mistakes and signed it. I doubt that they ever corrected the info in MIRCS.

Be glad you're not applying in Boston, where the wait for an interview appointment can take 3 to 5 months.
Plus you have to qualify with a revolver at Moon Island (BPD range) as part of the process.
At least you can make interview appointments when you call so you can plan ahead.
The 45 day clock doesn't start until you have had your interview.
I bet Freetown has a Licensing Officer / Chief who is following the Maura Healey - Bob DeLeo party line.

I am getting my papers ready to apply in freetown in a week or 2, did you also have to get 2 notarized letters from 2 people? I thought freetown was green before reading this post :(

Have a bud in Dead-Ham that is getting pushed back a ton. Glad I live in a fairly relatively "free" town where you can get an appt within 2 weeks. They do it Monday nights and a few Sat AM's. If you can do next Monday night, you are GTG. In and out.

But Dead-Ham - I think he's got an appt at the END of January - requested at the BEGINNING of November. Unacceptable. Period.

Finally turned in application, they didn't do an interview, they didn't even ask me for my name just came and took the papers and told me to wait in lobby. Took them an hour to put in all the information (+the 15 attempts each fingers took with the dirty scanner). Was told it would be a 3 month wait (it is the holidays to be fair, but 3 months is a bit much still). Wasn't there a law that said it had to be done within a certain amount of time?

If you are in freetown, how long did they say it would take?

Sorry - Mattapoisett. Even so they said no more than a couple weeks. It turned into 3 1/2 months.

Guess it's just about safe to say NEVER trust the ETA pds give you, from all I've seen it seems to be just about as accurate as the weather man (at least when the paid to lie joke was still viable).

Hope I'm one of those who lucks out and gets license earlier than the ETA. Also hope you get your renewal back soon.

Edit: just saw in the other thread that you got yours

Finally got my piece of plastic that says I can have my rights 1 month early from ETA (6 month total wait). My first gun bought is a Ivy Johnson Champion 12ga single shot for $50 at my most local shop and a little bit of #7 1/2 birdshot to go with it. Going back again with more money, trying not to spend THAT much as I am just starting out (with gun ownership, not shooting period), but cant have just one. The available guns Im interested in are a Trailblazer .22lr single shot for $125, unknown brand (forgot) of .22lr tube fed semi auto (15 rounds) w/ scope for $200, and non-german kar98 for $200. What I REALLY want is the $425 romanian sks, but that is really high up for me, it would be difficult getting myself to bite the bullet for that one, but it is very tempting. Also a few 30-30 lever actions for around $300, and numerous .308 bolt actions for around the same price, but not as interested.

Any recommend on what I should get?

Also as promised (I think I did at least in the new members thread) I'd go green once I got my license. [smile]

Finally got my piece of plastic that says I can have my rights 1 month early from ETA (6 month total wait). My first gun bought is a Ivy Johnson Champion 12ga single shot for $50 at my most local shop and a little bit of #7 1/2 birdshot to go with it. Going back again with more money, trying not to spend THAT much as I am just starting out (with gun ownership, not shooting period), but cant have just one. The available guns Im interested in are a Trailblazer .22lr single shot for $125, unknown brand (forgot) of .22lr tube fed semi auto (15 rounds) w/ scope for $200, and non-german kar98 for $200. What I REALLY want is the $425 romanian sks, but that is really high up for me, it would be difficult getting myself to bite the bullet for that one, but it is very tempting. Also a few 30-30 lever actions for around $300, and numerous .308 bolt actions for around the same price, but not as interested.

Any recommend on what I should get?

Also as promised (I think I did at least in the new members thread) I'd go green once I got my license. [smile]

Congrats and have fun. Think about quality over quantity.

Second the congrats and also second the quality over quantity. In any case, don't forget to renew in 6 yrs in a very timely fashion.

Second the congrats and also second the quality over quantity. In any case, don't forget to renew in 6 yrs in a very timely fashion.
Yes congrats and agree with the above. Ammo is cheap now buy a lot of it. As we get closer to the election you may see spikes in pricing as well.

Reading this thread about how Freetown abuses people makes my blood boil. I think you should go leave an upper decker on the chiefs car

Back
Top Bottom