• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Over 500 firearms surrendered in first week of Toronto's gun buyback program

mikeyp

NES Member
Over 500 firearms surrendered in first week of Toronto's gun buyback program

Over 500 firearms have been surrendered to the Toronto Police Service after it launched a Gun Buyback Program.

According to Toronto Police, in the program’s first week, they collected 504 firearms (349 long guns and 155 handguns) for destruction.

During the next few weeks, any Toronto resident who wishes to have police pick up an operable, registered or unregistered gun from their home will be compensated with $200 for a long gun and $350 for a handgun.

You could make out pretty well if you had a bunch of "operable" Jennings, Lorcins, Ravens etc., but only if it was a CASH payment!

Their pic only show 25 guns. They must have picked out the good ones, leaving 480 guns that look like utter pathetic crap that no street thug would dare to be seen with.

You could make out pretty well if you had a bunch of "operable" Jennings, Lorcins, Ravens etc., but only if it was a CASH payment!
I would sooner sell them as scrap metal for pennies per pound rather than validate these "buyback" programs by turning them in. If I was that hard-up for cash, I would just obtain a second job.

People were supposedly buying up Chinese surplus Tokarevs for $230 and 'surrendering' them for $350. In the past, the Toronto Police have added pellet guns and airsoft guns to inflate the numbers.

ctyp_bogusgunbuyback.jpg
src70bv4eko01.jpg

The caption says “handguns seized fall of 2018”, not “surrendered in spring of 2019. Pic for attention only....

Good catch. I was surprised that even 25 people in all of the 12 million population of Toronto would turn in perfectly good guns. That explains it.

So.... Fake news!

None of these guns would ever have been used in a crime. "Grandpa left me his old shotgun. I don't know if I should commit some crimes with it or just leave it in the closet where it's been for the last two decades. Oh, I can sell it back to the police for half its value? What a deal."

Back
Top Bottom