Outpost Cabins

MPB

Taking a shot in the dark here...

I understand this is "Northeast Shooters" but has anyone, by any chance, stayed (or know of) a remote outpost cabin in Louisiana for hunting/fishing? My buddies and I are looking to plan a hunting/fishing trip there and want something remote where we don't have people around us for miles. Needs to be on some river/body of water.

I am a firm believer in "if it doesn't exist on the internet, then it doesn't exist." Try as I may, I cannot for the life of me find a place like this online. All I can find are clusters of cabins or the like.

It very well just may be that I suck at the internet. fml.

Anyone?

I understand this is "Northeast Shooters" but has anyone, by any chance, stayed (or know of) a remote outpost cabin in Louisiana for hunting/fishing? My buddies and I are looking to plan a hunting/fishing trip there and want something remote where we don't have people around us for miles. Needs to be on some river/body of water.

I can't help you, but will offer some advice: If you hear banjos, run.

I am a firm believer in "if it doesn't exist on the internet, then it doesn't exist." Try as I may, I cannot for the life of me find a place like this online. All I can find are clusters of cabins or the like.

Anyone?

What do you want to hunt and fish? ( we have fresh and saltwater ... Deer, pig, bear, yote, dove and quail) and I am a native Louisianian and have lived all over the State. From Belcher to Mamou. My brother is a guide there. I can put you in touch with him.

Last edited:
I can't help you, but will offer some advice: If you hear banjos, run.

6ff20709.gif

Went out to dinner after posting this...came back...tears from laughing. FreeWillie - I appreciate the offer. I'll send you a message when we get all that nailed down.

Thanks again, all.

I am a firm believer in "if it doesn't exist on the internet, then it doesn't exist."

Of course, the flip side of this is, "If it is on the internet, the bad guys know it's there." Maybe not applicable in your specific case, but generally...

Anyone?

I have some info for you. I'll try to PM tomorrow. I just got home but I've been up since 4:00 AM so I am not enthusiastic about posting it right now. BUT the Brother is looking for a place in Slidell, La. There is some great pig hunting on 35,000 acres of Public Land nearby and it's close enough to the Gulf were you can get a day charter to fish for Reds. More info to come. And there are some remote hunting camps to be had in the area. You may be in Luck!

My ex-father in law was a self professed coon ass. He had a place on the Pearl river. We used to go up to his shack and hunt all kinds of things from pigs to deer to wood ducks. We also had potato cannon battles with the camp across the river. Great fun. "Boy, quick go get the final net!!!"

Don

p.s. i miss that guy.

p.p.s. I knew I wasn't in new england when we came up on the camp and there was a "Duke Country" sign screwed to side of the shack.

I'm not a Native like Free Willie. But I did spend from 9 to 16 there...and then back after College. I have a friend that lives in Thibodaux. I can ask him if he knows of some places that are remote. I can't help you as I pretty much lived off of Lake Pontchartrain in Kenner and then moved to Fat City in Metairie. So, I did more City Folk livin'. But I can still ask from friends down there if you would like. But it sounds like Free Willie has it covered.

Back
Top Bottom