Outback Gun Parts thumbs down

First let me say this is about Outback Gun Parts (found online for obsolete parts) not Outback Arms in Plympton.
Here's the story as brief as possible.
Looking for a hard to find part for an old Remington bolt action 22. My local shop told me to call Remington and gave me the phone and part numbers. "They will probably give you the part, in my (outdated) catalog it used to sell for $1.15" he said. Simply not worthwhile for him to get involved. Called Remington and part is no longer available through them.
After emailing a dozen obsolete parts places with no luck, Outback Gun Parts comes back with "yes, we have the part, call to order with your credit card". Called for 3 days straight got a constant busy signal. They are only open 4 days a week with limited hours, so I emailed them. "No problem" they say mail a money order and all the info, I did and a month later still no parts.

I understand mark up on obsolete items, their price was $12.60 for the part and $8.70 for shipping. Figured I should order 2 and keep a spare. So $34 in the hole I contact them and they say no record of receiving your order, sorry, can't do anything to help you. What do you do ? Send them another money order, bringing the total to $68 for a 1/4" piece of rolled spring steel ? For a $100 gun?

I explained to them that I would happily pay for the parts and consider the money already paid lost in the mail. However, in good faith and at minimal risk I will pay after I receive the parts (I gave them sufficient information to prove my identity). "Sorry, we only accept money orders (in advance) and credit cards over the phone" was the response. So you didn't receive the money order (possible) but now you want my credit card info ? I don't think so.

I honestly can't say what's up with this place, either they exceptionally rude, unprofessional and unhelpful or they are a fraud/fake/scam website. Many other suspicious items in email exchanges such as sentences written as if English is responders second language or horrible grammar (proper grammar= professionalism- I'm not a hater) also referencing lost in the mail "We've never had this happen B4" ??? Really your business is shipping and receiving and in your supposed 30 years you've never had anything get lost in the mail B4 ???

If this is a legitimate business I would not recommend using them, I'm more inclined to believe they are a fraud. You have been warned.

Your check got "lost in the mail" (quotes because who knows what happened to it) and you want them to mail you one on good faith? [rofl]

Also that doesn't bring the total to $68 unless your first money order was cashed. Use the receipt for the money order and have it reimbursed.

Did you use a USPS money order? Any way I would check the status of the money order......
In the meantime give me the part number I'm pretty good at locating old parts. I got axlot of old 100$ guns.

Did you use a USPS money order? Any way I would check the status of the money order......
In the meantime give me the part number I'm pretty good at locating old parts. I got axlot of old 100$ guns.
Would you have any parts for the Winchester 1400 ,20ga? Specifically the Magazine Throat piece? Part# NLG12711?

Back
Top Bottom