• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Outback Arms LLC, in Plympton

I think the KEY here is the WHO did you talk to......at this point other than Gene his brother or for the lack of knowing his name the older police (ret ?) officer whose has been helping gene from early on.
IF its the younger taller dark haired guy, usually with the younger help by his side....well theres your answer......like I said GENE needs to really either run the shop or teach any workers how to run it like gene....for the amount of fast transactions they could do having items shipped in (all legal of course) and a small fee for doing so...i dont get why there is a hassle. I rather make 30 or 40 bucks to do a transfer in a few minutes or try having a rifle on my shelf that may or may not sell?

I was in the other day..I saw a Remington Gun Club target loads with a $20.00 sticker, around 6.00 bucks everywhere else in the free world.

Was in the shop on Wednesday night and seen a new face behind the counter, nice friendly guy with a great customer service attitude, there was a few others in there and everyone was as friendly as could be, I even got a few one liners off that got some laughs.

I have seen some prices come down quite a bit, some of the hand guns have dropped 70 bucks ( M&P compact was almost 600 beans, now in the low 5's) and ammo is coming down, just the fact they have ammo is frigging awesome IMHO, running a gun shop must be pretty stressful to say the least, ain't like any Joe Shmoe off the street is going to come in and blow a few hundred on gun stuff if they don't own a gun, kinda a unique clientele around Messascrewusall for sure.

This plug has been authorized by ClickBoom

Tim [grin]

If it's a long gun or AR lower, CandF has done two for me with no problem. I think they charge $30.00. I won't turn the thread into a plug for them, but I've found them good to deal with and they have decent ammo prices.

The one time I was at Outback, it seemed that their prices were pretty high, even for used stuff. I can't remember if they were the store that had signs saying that they don't negotiate on price or not, but that was the impression I got.

I would have recommended Outback Arms a few weeks ago but now I have changed my mind or they did for me. I have bought there before, shotgun and ammo, so I'm not a stranger to the store. The atittude is alittle off. Not much for customer service, asking to have something shipped to them seems like it should be "alittle" easier? Acting like a question is bothering them. It didn't happen once but several times, on the phone and instore. Not all the staff is horrible but that one person just ruins it for me. When trying to get them to have something shipped to there store, "I guess I was bothering the guy behind the counter" he couldn't even look up from his catalog that he was browsing to answer me. After asking on the phone and in person several times I finally sort of got an answer. After two weeks nothing has been shipped to the store because of there lack of response with a fax. I guess they don't need my 35 bucks for shipping the gun to there store and my money for anymore ammo? I wanted to give them my business instead of Dicks or a bigger shop but customer service goes along way.

If it's a long gun or AR lower, CandF has done two for me with no problem. I think they charge $30.00. I won't turn the thread into a plug for them, but I've found them good to deal with and they have decent ammo prices.

The one time I was at Outback, it seemed that their prices were pretty high, even for used stuff. I can't remember if they were the store that had signs saying that they don't negotiate on price or not, but that was the impression I got.
Gene the owner nagotiates......I have purchased items from him. Mostly used and all at less than sticker price. I also purchased a rscb media seperator from him that was 15$ cheaper than the lowest price I found anywhere and that included tax. If you see something priced stupid say something......I went to zero hour today.....seen 54r surpl tus for 11.99 for 20 rounds.....

Last edited:
I find almost all mass shops over priced on ammo! Been that way for years! Heck other than after season deals @ kmart, sears, ect ect way way back. I don't think I purchased much ammo at all in mass.

I have been there many times in the past and found it to be a pretty good shop, they have a good selection of firearms, ammo and accessories most times, but! I do have to agree that the prices have been going up a bit too much.

Tim [sad2]

Their shop is very well stocked and they are certainly nice enough!

They are very over priced. I was in a pinch for some reloading stuff. They have a ton in stock. Their RCBS rock chucker was $209 vs Bass Pro for $168. almost everything was 20% higher on reloading equiptment.

Their shop is very well stocked and they are certainly nice enough!

They are very over priced. I was in a pinch for some reloading stuff. They have a ton in stock. Their RCBS rock chucker was $209 vs Bass Pro for $168. almost everything was 20% higher on reloading equiptment.
Depend what you get I guess. I snagged the rcbs media seperator as it was 15$ cheaper than bass pro. Some stuff is price strange. Ammo is off. Depends on the day. Best you can do is offer what you want to pay and move on.

weres that coming from???

agree

As true as this is ......do you guys pull out the cash and make a offer or just see the prices and leave.
I love fourseasons and going up north. Well I used to. In the past 5 years or so its next to impossible to get to FS from where I live in a reasonable drive. 8 years ago I could get there and back in 2 hours now I'm lucky if I get the the braintee split in 40 min!
I do think genes prices are on average high. Although gene started just before sandy hook. I bought several things from gene. I pretty much make offer of what I will pay. I think now that gene is back things will adjust. He was not in house the last 1/3 of the year. Gene has yet to say no to any of my offers. I only deal with gene though.

Outback is close to me and I have been there many times, always get treated well and have never had an issue of any kind, I have purchased a few guns, ammo & supplies, all I can say is I would go back a lot more but the prices are high, this is an expensive hobby and any break in price makes the difference between buying or not, I would not expect them to try and compete with walmart for ammo prices and what not, but if the gun prices were more in line with other local shops it could make a big difference, I like to support local shops but they have to return the favor by making it affordable.

Tim

As true as this is ......do you guys pull out the cash and make a offer or just see the prices and leave.
I love fourseasons and going up north. Well I used to. In the past 5 years or so its next to impossible to get to FS from where I live in a reasonable drive. 8 years ago I could get there and back in 2 hours now I'm lucky if I get the the braintee split in 40 min!
I do think genes prices are on average high. Although gene started just before sandy hook. I bought several things from gene. I pretty much make offer of what I will pay. I think now that gene is back things will adjust. He was not in house the last 1/3 of the year. Gene has yet to say no to any of my offers. I only deal with gene though.

I walked into ZH and he tried to sell me a 50 rd box of tula steel case 9mm for $30, said see ya walked out and will never go back, plus the guys an A hole

IMO of course YMMV

I walked into ZH and he tried to sell me a 50 rd box of tula steel case 9mm for $30, said see ya walked out and will never go back, plus the guys an A hole

IMO of course YMMV

thats funny...... did you even counter offer ? I have treated massachusetts shops like car lots. I have not been to ZHA in several years. After I bought my my new truck @ copelands I stopped in to ZHA being 28k lighter in the wallet from buying the truck I did laugh and shake my head as I walked out the door....this was just before thanks giving. Not the same place as it was 5 years ago. O well what to do. Someone is paying these high prices right?

thats funny...... did you even counter offer ? I have treated massachusetts shops like car lots. I have not been to ZHA in several years. After I bought my my new truck @ copelands I stopped in to ZHA being 28k lighter in the wallet from buying the truck I did laugh and shake my head as I walked out the door....this was just before thanks giving. Not the same place as it was 5 years ago. O well what to do. Someone is paying these high prices right?

No, no counter offer but like I said didn't really like the place anyway, I've posted this before in there thread but when shields were tough to come by he had a couple for $600, offered him 1k for the 2 of them and he wouldn't budge, il never go back there and it walking distance to my workl

Maybe I'm confusing them with Flint, but I thought they had signs in the display cases saying that all prices were firm. I didn't see anything there that I was interested enough in to get into that part, but it was off putting to say the least. There ammunition prices were considerably higher than CandF for the same brands and quantities.

It was very neatly laid out and they had a lot of product, not just guns, but accessories and ammunition. The prices were off putting though. Next time I'm in the area, I might stop in to see if it's changed.

I was there Saturday and his ammo prices are outrageous. I did pick up some powder at a reasonable price 1# for 26-31 depending on brand.

I was a little pissed i picked up some 9mm jhp projectiles and they said 155gr on them i figured they were 147 since i dont think they make a 155 turns out they were 115 and it was $21 for 100..

I had a email and phone dealing with him today. He was kind of short/rude on the phone very odd how he will not just give you a quick price over the phone or by email. I was planing on bring cash for a pistol, so I ask how much for the pistol? And he gives me the "I don't give a price over the phone come in" Not everyone lives down the road so to drive to a place just to check out a price on 1 pistol is pointless.

When I asked if he had a few of that model in stock? He had a off putting tone " I to busy right now to check. Again if you only have one and I drive all the way for that one pistol and its done again pointless. You kind of have to have some personality to be in firearms sales, I don't know right now this guy reminds me of Don the owners of hunters in weymouth which is so not a good thing!! He is open sunday going to make sure and call before I head there to make sure the pistol is in stock before going. And have to bring more cash then I will maybe need seeing I don't know how much he wants for it. Maybe its make up a price for the customer when you get there?

I had a email and phone dealing with him today. He was kind of short/rude on the phone very odd how he will not just give you a quick price over the phone or by email. I was planing on bring cash for a pistol, so I ask how much for the pistol? And he gives me the "I don't give a price over the phone come in" Not everyone lives down the road so to drive to a place just to check out a price on 1 pistol is pointless.

When I asked if he had a few of that model in stock? He had a off putting tone " I to busy right now to check. Again if you only have one and I drive all the way for that one pistol and its done again pointless. You kind of have to have some personality to be in firearms sales, I don't know right now this guy reminds me of Don the owners of hunters in weymouth which is so not a good thing!! He is open sunday going to make sure and call before I head there to make sure the pistol is in stock before going. And have to bring more cash then I will maybe need seeing I don't know how much he wants for it. Maybe its make up a price for the customer when you get there?

Why deal with him then? Is it the only place that has that particular pistol? I was there...once...

Since when? The shops I mostly deal with are good, but I hear a lot of stories about shops that I wouldn't ever set foot in. Both Four Seasons and Collectors will hold a gun that is listed on their web site if you call and ask. That's one advantage of shops listing what they have available on line.

Back
Top Bottom