Out of State Sale

I am selling my Springfield XD that I have here in CT and my current interested buyer is in MA. Besides shipping it through my FFL to the buyers FFL what else do I need to know. FYI, it has 12 round mags.

I'm not the foremost authority, however how old are the mags? Are they pre awb? If not he can't own them, also how old is the gun? He may have a hard time getting a dealer to transfer to him as no springfields are mass compliant.

That the XD is not on the approved list and the FFL in MA will be unable to transfer it to the buyer.
And the mags are illegal no matter what.

You sale is defunct already.

The 12 rounders are a no go, the ffl might take those off your hands/possibly trade them for 10 rounders, other than that just sign the papers and should be good.

The 12 rounders are a no go, the ffl might take those off your hands/possibly trade them for 10 rounders, other than that just sign the papers and should be good.

Bad advice.

Its a private sale transferred through FFLs between 2 states (seller in CT, buyer in MA).

The receiving FFL won't be able to transfer it to anyone other than a LEO in MA because its not on the approved list.

your statement is true If both were MA residents, FTF would be fine. Just sign the papers if both have LTC-A.

Bad advice.

Its a private sale transferred through FFLs between 2 states (seller in CT, buyer in MA).

The receiving FFL won't be able to transfer it to anyone [STRIKE=undefined]other than a LEO [/STRIKE]in MA because its not on the approved list.

your statement is true If both were MA residents, FTF would be fine. Just sign the papers if both have LTC-A.

FIFY

Although it is a common belief that LEOs can buy anything they want, if you read the wording in MGL, there is NO EXEMPTION FOR LEOS AT ALL. The exemption is ONLY for LE AGENCIES (ordered by the department, paid for with gov't funds and owned by the department)!

[The AG Regs exempt LEOs, but you first need to pass MGL/EOPS List to get to where you even care about the AG Regs . . . and this deal fails at square one.]

To OP, sorry not possible to do a legal transfer of that gun and mags into anyone in MA!

Back
Top Bottom