• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

out of state purchases.

Hello all just had a quick question i am having a hard time finding an answer for. A friend of a friend is selling her fathers guns who past away a couple years ago, in N.H. There are a few long guns i am interested in, and maybe a handgun or two. How would i go about legally buying them? Have an ffl in N.H do the transfer to me, or have them shipped to an ffl in MA to do the transfer? Any help is appreciated.

Adam

On the long guns, you could do a bill of sale with the seller, and do the EFA-10 on your computer at home, and the "legal way" for the hand guns is to have seller ship them to your FFL here and transfer that way, unless they are C&R eligible and you have a C&R, then just do bill of sale and EFA-10. I believe that is the way to do it.

Having the guns shipped will be more expensive. I would find a NH FFL to do the transfers if only purchasing long guns. The handguns would need to be transfered in MA through a dealer. If you are doing handguns, I would find a MA dealer willing to do the transfer (try Johnny at Precisions Point in Woburn.) I would meet the seller at the border and you drive all the guns in , unless the seller has a MA non res LTC. The handguns need to have been made before 1998 or be on the EOPS Roster, and the AG mystery list. No mags greater than 10 mfrd after 9/13/94, either. I think that covers everything.

On the long guns, you could do a bill of sale with the seller, and do the EFA-10 on your computer at home, and the "legal way" for the hand guns is to have seller ship them to your FFL here and transfer that way, unless they are C&R eligible and you have a C&R, then just do bill of sale and EFA-10. I believe that is the way to do it.

That is a federal crime, don't do that! Residents of different states have to sell through a dealer. Since out of state dealers cannot transfer pistols, this is why deal must be done in MA if it includes those.

If they are C&R, and you have one then you can just pick them up,do your EFA-10 when you get here,and put them in your bond book. If they are not C&R you can pick up the long guns in NH but they must go threw an FFL in NH,then you can do an EFA-10 when you get to MA. The handgun must be sent to an FFL in MA then you have to see if the MA FFL will tranfer them to you.

Last edited:
If they are C&R, and you have one then you can just pick them up,do your EFA-10 when you get here,and put them in your bond book. If they are not C&R you can pick up the long guns in NH but they must go threw an FFL in NH,then you can do an EFA-10 when you get to MA. The handgun must be sent to an FFL in MA then you have to see if the MA will tranfer them to you.

Whether they have a C&R is not relevant, and the guns have to be > 50 years old or on the C&R list.

Long guns xfer either at NH FFL or MA. handguns only at MA FFL.

Whether they have a C&R is not relevant, and the guns have to be > 50 years old or on the C&R list.

Long guns xfer either at NH FFL or MA. handguns only at MA FFL.

I think that is what I stated,if they were C&R or not, and if he had one or not.

Having the guns shipped will be more expensive. I would find a NH FFL to do the transfers if only purchasing long guns. The handguns would need to be transfered in MA through a dealer. If you are doing handguns, I would find a MA dealer willing to do the transfer (try Johnny at Precisions Point in Woburn.) I would meet the seller at the border and you drive all the guns in , unless the seller has a MA non res LTC. The handguns need to have been made before 1998 or be on the EOPS Roster, and the AG mystery list. No mags greater than 10 mfrd after 9/13/94, either. I think that covers everything.
any idea what he charges per transfer?

Back
Top Bottom