Out-of-State Purchase

Hello,

What are the restrictions as far as buying out of state?

I know we cannot buy handguns, just long guns, but what else can we buy?
- Ammo, Gun mods, Magazines (pre-ban), etc...?

(Specifically looking at some 92FS 15-round mags, but not sure if I can buy them from outside or not)/

Would help if you told us what state.

If you are in MA do a search.

Well, I live in Massachusetts (reason why I posted @ Massachusetts law)...

My search skills aren't the best.. All the threads I found are related to HANDGUNS, they do not mention accessories, ammo, magazines, etc..

You can buy any accessory you want outside of Mass (bullets, ammo, powder, primers, holsters etc). You can also buy magazines, but just remember, 10 rounds or less if you bring it back to Mass or it is a felony. You can purchase and possess preban magazines in and outside of Mass.
When I travel I look for powder and primer deals (as well as bulk ammo deals).
Obviously you should educate yourself as to what is legal or not in this state (like suppressors, short barrel rifles etc..) before bringing anything back.

Great, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I've heard some places don't ship stuff to Massachusetts (mainly because of all confusing laws), but does anyone know a good website where I can find 15-round pre-ban mags for my 92FS?

You can buy long guns (assuming they don't violate the AWB) and file an FA-10 upon bringing them back to the state.

You CAN buy a handgun out of state, but you have to have an FFL in MA transfer it for you, which means it must be MA compliant (unless you know a dealer willing to break the law for you, if you do, dont post it here!)

Understood.
The point of the topic wasn't to break any rules, but to understand the options on the table.

Back
Top Bottom