Out of State Purchase of a Used Revolver

Hi,

I was at KTP over the weekend, the salesperson had been in the process of selling me some stuff, went to the background check desk, expecting that I would have to have it transferred to my FFL, and I was told at first that they could not transfer them because they were not "on the roster" (they probably were, Ruger Vaquero and a Super Blackhawk), and when I questioned him about that, he said "well, even if they were, maybe they were modified, we don't know".

Is this coherent in some way I don't understand?

(This interaction with that particular guy struck me in a funny way, honestly: I didn't get the sense I was being told store or state policy, but an opinion, but I don't immediately have evidence to the contrary.)

High risk transaction for KTP. The inbound ffl has to make the determination if they will do the transfer. If they get the gun and won’t transfer what happens? Ship back to KTP? Who covers costs?

Can you blame them for saying f*** it, no handguns to MA? How can out of state dealers be truly knowledgeable about our retarded laws?

I had an out of state ffl refuse to ship me the magazines for a gun. The would not ship >10 rd to anyone including an ffl. My customer finally gave them a NH address for the mags. Can’t blame the dealer for not wanting to deal with MA crap.

I have had the same experience on Gunbroker. I tried to bid on a handgun and my bid was declined by a Florida dealer because it "wasn't on the roster".
Maura's reach is long and twisting. She really has spooked dealers all over the country.

I have had the same experience on Gunbroker. I tried to bid on a handgun and my bid was declined by a Florida dealer because it "wasn't on the roster".
Maura's reach is long and twisting. She really has spooked dealers all over the country.
Might be more of a PITA/cost you more but next time ask if they'll ship to a NH dealer. That way the NH dealer can then ship to your MA dealer. Obviously make sure you talk with both dealers beforehand.

KTP is weird. I was trading a model 29 with a badly eroded forcing cone for a Colt Gold Cup. The guy behind the counter offered me next to nothing. I declined and walked around the store for about ten mjnutes when I saw a different guy behind the counter. He ended up giving me exactly what I wanted. I'm talking about a $300 difference in price from one guy to the next.

KTP is weird. I was trading a model 29 with a badly eroded forcing cone for a Colt Gold Cup. The guy behind the counter offered me next to nothing. I declined and walked around the store for about ten mjnutes when I saw a different guy behind the counter. He ended up giving me exactly what I wanted. I'm talking about a $300 difference in price from one guy to the next.

Must be some kind of commission situation going on there for such a disparity between 2 different guys at the same shop.

KTP is nice if you want quick cash, but if you want the maximum return, just sell it yourself. Its true though, you can get different prices on different days depending on who is behind the trade counter.

Back
Top Bottom