• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Out of state C&R handgun purchase, what CT forms are needed?

I have a CT pistol permit and a federal C&R collectors license and live in CT. I just bought a C&R handgun (C&R but not antique) in New Hampshire. My first out of state C&R handgun purchase. I've read the CT gun laws but can't find anything about how, or if I have to register this gun in CT. I know I don't need a authorization number because of the C&R license, that I found in the laws, but I don't see anything about how to register this. I can't find any mention of forms or anything else about out of state C&R purchases or how to deal with them once they are in the state. Nothing on how to make this handgun legally registered in Connecticut. Any help would be appreciated.

You can't find anything because there are no specific CT laws regarding C&R firearms. This is a federal license and the state has no say over it. Buy the gun, ship it to your house and enjoy. Only thing you need to do is buy a bound book and record the purchase for your and the ATF's records.

Yeah, after extensive research I did find out that CT has no specific gun registration requirements, except for the new "assault weapon" one. No need to register anything.

You can't find anything because there are no specific CT laws regarding C&R firearms. This is a federal license and the state has no say over it. Buy the gun, ship it to your house and enjoy. Only thing you need to do is buy a bound book and record the purchase for your and the ATF's records.

Why ship it? It sounds like the op bought it in New Hampshire.

It wasn't shipped I brought it back with me. I made a mistake in the post I bought it in Maine at the Kittery Trading Post. Put a trigger lock on it and put it in the back of the pick-up, drove home.

Just saying that you can have it shipped, that's all. No need to waste gas for a C&R purchase.

Back
Top Bottom