• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Out of state buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens all the time. Go to Old Glory in NH. All of the gun tags indicate whether or not the gun is Mass compliant.

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me. So let me see if I understand this. You drive to another state to buy a Mass compliant pistol, a pistol you could have bought here ? A pistol you can't take with you after you purchase it, one that has to be shipped back to a Massachusetts FFL dealer. So now you have to drive to the Massachusetts dealer and then pay him a transfer fee and Mass tax before you get the pistol. Is this correct ?

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me. So let me see if I understand this. You drive to another state to buy a Mass compliant pistol, a pistol you could have bought here ? A pistol you can't take with you after you purchase it, one that has to be shipped back to a Massachusetts FFL dealer. So now you have to drive to the Massachusetts dealer and then pay him a transfer fee and Mass tax before you get the pistol. Is this correct ?

Yes.

It probably doesn't make much sense if you're shopping for something stocked in every gun shop everywhere, but if you want something obscure, you might not find it here.

ATF, pls go
not-atf-30154975.png

Can i buy a mass compliant pistol in another state and nring it home where i live in Massachusetts? I am fully licensed to carry so i don't see why i can't. Other than maybe paying mass sales taxes
[wave] Buy a Glock [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom