• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Out of state buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i buy a mass compliant pistol in another state and nring it home where i live in Massachusetts? I am fully licensed to carry so i don't see why i can't. Other than maybe paying mass sales taxes

No.
FFL to FFL for handguns between states.
FFL to purchaser for out of state long guns.
No personal sales between states.

Taxes... do you file a sales tax with MA when you buy anything out of state?

Can i buy a mass compliant pistol in another state and nring it home where i live in Massachusetts? I am fully licensed to carry so i don't see why i can't. Other than maybe paying mass sales taxes

No. Purchasing pistols across state lines and walking out with it is against Federal Law. You can buy a pistol out of state, however you must have it sent to a FFL in your home state. IF you were looking to avoid sales tax you could purchase a gun online and have it sent to a local FFL. Just be sure the FFL is willing to accept it and it is "compliant"

Other than the atf reg that says you have to transfer a handgun with an FFL if the buyer and seller reside in 2 different states have at it.

Just remember not to drop the soap.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 says no you can't.

Mass compliant pistol? Go to local FFL and simply arrange to have it transferred in. Pay the out of state dealer and the transfer fee of your local FFL. Your local FFL will do the fed 4473, background check and state FA-10. As others above stated, you can’t buy direct from the out of state FFL but if it’s MA complaint you can transfer it in.

Yes. You have to have it transferred to a Mass FFL. Then you complete the purchase at the FFL's shop and pay his transfer fee and Mass sales tax because the transaction occurred in Mass.

When it comes to out-of-state handgun purchases, think of your local FFL as "The Middle Man"...

Yes. You have to have it transferred to a Mass FFL. Then you complete the purchase at the FFL's shop and pay his transfer fee and Mass sales tax because the transaction occurred in Mass.

Incorrect. The purchase isn't completed my the MA FFL. The purchase was already completed with the out of state FFL. The MA FFL just does the transfer to the buyer. They are in no way, shape or form involved with the actual sale, simply doing the transfer.

You see, it isn't illegal to buy from an out of state FFL. It is simply illegal to do a transfer with an out of state FFL. Keep in mind, this only applies to handguns.

Why would other states sell Massachusetts compliant pistols ?

Just because a handgun has undergone and passed the Mass compliance testing process doesn't mean they were built specifically for the Massachusetts market. It just means it's a popular selling gun and the manufacturer felt it was worth their time and money to submit samples to Mass for such testing, with the hopes it'll be added to the list and thus become eligible for sale in Mass.

You see, it isn't illegal to buy from an out of state FFL. It is simply illegal to do a transfer with an out of state FFL. Keep in mind, this only applies to handguns.
It is also illegal to buy and rifle or shotgun that may not be legally sold to you in your home state.

By the time you finish paying for shipping and the transfer fee, what do you save $$, buy local and support the Mass shops.

Sure you can! Here's the secret, look around a new city for a bar with a lot of guys wearing leather chaps. These are out of state FFLs. If you go into where they hang, you might find a wall with a hole in it. If you whisper in the hole "I'm ready give me the Glock" and leave your mouth open, they will put the new gun in your mouth, grip first for safety of course. At least that's how @ColdDayInHell said it works.

Last edited:
Sure you can! Here's the secret, look around a new city for a bar with a lot of guys wearing leather chaps. These are out of state FFLs. If you go into where they hang, you might find a wall with a hole in it. If you whisper in the hole "I'm ready give me the Glock" and leave your mouth open, they will put the new gun in your mouth, grip first for safety of course. At least that's hot @ColdDayInHell said it works.

Don't forget not to bite down. [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom