• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our Son Passed Away On Friday

How time flies. Tonight marks the 1 year point since our son was called home to Heaven. To try to put into words that describe roller coasters of emotion, hours upon hours of reflecting life, on past years of myself, our family and especially our boy, the self-torment, it would over-qualify for a TL;DR.
But, what I have found is life goes on and no matter how hard it is, you cannot allow yourself to be consumed by emotions, especially grief, but use them as stepping stones for understanding why what happened, happened, and to live a better day, everyday.
My son James was a wonderful and terrific young man. He is greatly missed.

I thank the NES community for nightly/daily laughs, heated and often times, extremely laughable petty arguments that remind me of schoolyard immaturities. Laughter and good banter really does help one's psych!!! And actually living in Clown World America keeps a never ending flow of amusements and mind wandering hilarity.
Life is wonderful, enjoy every minute of it.

And I finally went Green again, Cheers!!!

God works in mysterious ways ... and In The Hearts of Men

God is Preparing Us for What He Want's Us To Do Next

Just Listen for His Whispers

God bless you my friend ... you and all your family everyday

This is a hard one!!!
Friday night, March 25, our son James IV passed away here at home. I won't go into the details of this, but if you go to the Moore County, N.C. Sheriff's Facebook page, the details are there. No parent should ever have to be placed in this situation!!! James suffered from substance abuse, both alcohol and other items. He was a great kid, played hockey for the Springfield Jr. Falcons as a young man and later went into MMA and boxing. He has a beautiful wife Madison and 2 young children, James and Carolyn ages 2 and 6 months. James graduated from Cleveland Community College Lineman's academy in Shelby, N.C. and worked as a lineman for a couple years until the disease took over his life. James completed a 45 day inpatient therapy and counseling program at Samaritan Colony in Rockingham, N.C. being released on Dec. 17th. He went to his AA meetings and we tried to keep as close of an eye on him as possible as James and his family lived with us. Unfortunately, he relapsed hard, very hard which culminated in the incident on March 25th.
I ask everyone to please do everything in their power and then some to get anyone they may know the help and continued follow up health that tragically ends so many lives due to these horrible addictions.
I also ask that everyone please keep this young man and his family in their thoughts and prayers. I have posted 2 links, one is for a GoFundMe to help offset his funeral expenses and the other is to Moore County Sheriff's Facebook page. I also would like to thank the Moore County EMT's, Moore County Sheriff's Office and Cypress Pointe Fire Department for their lifesaving attempts and just being a good bunch of folks in these most difficult times.
May the Good Lord watch over my son's soul.

Fundraiser for James Edward McCormick IV Funeral, organized by Jim McCormick

Very handsome young man. Prayers to you and your family during this incredibly difficult time. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom