Our Son Passed Away On Friday

This is a hard one!!!
Friday night, March 25, our son James IV passed away here at home. I won't go into the details of this, but if you go to the Moore County, N.C. Sheriff's Facebook page, the details are there. No parent should ever have to be placed in this situation!!! James suffered from substance abuse, both alcohol and other items. He was a great kid, played hockey for the Springfield Jr. Falcons as a young man and later went into MMA and boxing. He has a beautiful wife Madison and 2 young children, James and Carolyn ages 2 and 6 months. James graduated from Cleveland Community College Lineman's academy in Shelby, N.C. and worked as a lineman for a couple years until the disease took over his life. James completed a 45 day inpatient therapy and counseling program at Samaritan Colony in Rockingham, N.C. being released on Dec. 17th. He went to his AA meetings and we tried to keep as close of an eye on him as possible as James and his family lived with us. Unfortunately, he relapsed hard, very hard which culminated in the incident on March 25th.
I ask everyone to please do everything in their power and then some to get anyone they may know the help and continued follow up health that tragically ends so many lives due to these horrible addictions.
I also ask that everyone please keep this young man and his family in their thoughts and prayers. I have posted 2 links, one is for a GoFundMe to help offset his funeral expenses and the other is to Moore County Sheriff's Facebook page. I also would like to thank the Moore County EMT's, Moore County Sheriff's Office and Cypress Pointe Fire Department for their lifesaving attempts and just being a good bunch of folks in these most difficult times.
May the Good Lord watch over my son's soul.

Fundraiser for James Edward McCormick IV Funeral, organized by Jim McCormick

Prayers of peace for you and your family. I too lost my only son at age 28. He was a paranoid schizophrenic who suffered daily from the effects of his disease. Took his meds, saw his therapist, and psychiatrist faithfully. Didn't help. After 10 long years of daily suffering, he broke into my gun room drilled the lock on one of my rifles and ended his pain. My pain just began. It is never ending and as deep three years out as if it was yesterday. Find comfort in his children and your loved ones cause the loss will remain. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom