Our Organizaton Needs Everyone's Help

Ok I know NES people are very giving people. The organization I work for is in dire need of financial assistance, Our State Funding was lost and I figured I would give it a shot here. I don't care how much anyone can give...even if it's only 1 Dollar...every little bit helps. Please check our website at http://www.thesharefoundation.com to see what we do...In a nutshell we supply people with severe to moderate handicaps with computers and other tech that allows them to communicate.

You can go to this link http://sharefunwalk.kintera.org/faf...&kntae313571=DBAE8533D22C476A9443E5D877B33AC4

And put in whatever you can spare. Our Clients (over 300 of them) really need our help and we really need your help......

Thanks in Advance for anyone who helps out...I personally Thank you as does The SHARE Foundation......

And to anyone who knows someone with a physical disability please don't hesitate to contact us to help them....you can call 508-999-8482.

We will also be holding a Comedy Show at the Skyroom in New Bedford on Oct 16 at 9pm Friday night....you can contact me for tickets $15 each....

Sunday Oct 18 will be our Walkathon if anyone would like to get sponsors and come by for a nice walk and a lunch.....

Thanks
Scott

Are you interested in obsoleted computers and networking equipment?

I'm a network admin and may be able to provide laptops and desktops, less their hard drives. Many in otherwise working condition.

It depends on how old and what the specs are......Due to the disabilities of our clients we try not to use anything less than 17" monitors because 15's are too small for them to see. PCwise, We try to stay at 1Ghz or better if possible. As for networking stuff we can always put that to use depending on what it is....I try to be somewhat tough on donations, alot of people lately try to use us a a dump off for their very old (or sometimes even broken!!!) PC's that we cannot even use, but they don't want to pay to get rid of.
As long as things are not too old and in working order I can put them to good use to help out our clients.

If you have laptops as long as they work we can use them. I can get HD's for them , they are what we really need the most due to a great deal of our clients being bedridden and not having much room on an over the bed table for a full size PC....

Thanks for asking, if you need anymore info just let me know...

Our company also donates its computers (both MAC and PC). I'm not sure about laptops but I'll check for you. They are all in working condition, have 17" screens or larger and are at least 1 Gig or higher. They just donated a bunch, but I'll check with them Tuesday and forward your post.

Isn't it marvelous how our non representing representatives won't give a nickel of their pensions to fund your program? That's why your program is being cut. They need that money to keep their own pension plans stuffed with cash; tax payer cash.

They are nothing but a bunch of thieves. [angry]

That would be AWESOME MassBites!!! Thanks.....and yes you are correct....it all depends who you are I guess...I know of organizations that only got cut a percentage...It just means we need to work harder and do more fundraising than ever before...BUt I don't have a problem doing that...I just wish that the rest of the people that work there would do something as well....I have already run 3 Poker Tourneys and now I have a Comedy Show setup for Oct 16 in New Bedford......so if anyone is in the area and wants a fun night out let me know...I will post the info in another Thread once all details are set.... Anyone who wants to know more about the organization can join the group on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=148255217473 The video I posted there shows how we started..it's really a moving story and if more people would watch it I think we could get much more support.....

Thank you again for doing what you can to help, it is GREATLY Appreciated!!!!

Back
Top Bottom