• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our friend at the North Attleboro LGS in the news...

If any NES members would like to come shit on the rat please let me know as I live just down the road and would happily tag along to talk shit.
It would be a laugh to get 5 people together and go visit that shop. All arrive separately a few minutes apart so as not to appear to be "colluding." First guy looks some random item and tells him it's an over priced piece of crap, second guy comes in and asks about some ammo, tells guy the price is a friggin joke. Of course the guy is happy to see 2nd guy come in so he can break it off with 1st guy. Leave after all 5 are in there telling him that everything about the place sucks.

I did a few transfers with him before I knew any better. Found it weird he charged tax on transfers. I also remember someone mentioning he was ratting out companies that shipped ammo to MA.

I haven't set foot in there since Fred died. Fred was a good guy and started casting bullets on Magma machines and I was bringing alloy over to his house and helping a bit. He gave me a few moldsI have yet to use.
Now Ted, I asked about a 30 round 10-22 mag he had for sale that was not pre-ban and he said don't worry about it. That told me all I needed to know about him.
Fred was good people, would happily shoot the shit with you all day! I bought one of his pistols after he passed.

I did a few transfers with him before I knew any better. Found it weird he charged tax on transfers. I also remember someone mentioning he was ratting out companies that shipped ammo to MA.
Call DoR and ask if they've been getting sales tax remittances on
firearms transfer services from the shop.
Because he charges sales tax on services.

(Underscoring mine).

It's the least you can do for him.

(You're trolling the state for an Oh Really? reaction.

NES Opinions blow hot and cold on whether the state will get exercised
about a shopkeeper scrupulously forwarding them taxes on non-taxable things.

NES Opinions are perhaps more uniform about the state saddling up
if someone is collecting "taxes" which they don't then remit.
Everyone wants to wet their beak).

I live a few hundred feet away and drive by daily. Am always expecting one day to see it gated up for good. Last time I was in there out of curiosity he had his counter and one set of shelves left, mostly empty. Paper targets and cleaning kits.

I seem to remember a couple years back he down-low put the place up for "sale" asking for like $400 grand or something nuts. The sum total retail value of his inventory on the shelves at the time, including guns and ammo, might have been 5-10% of that.

What's this "armpit" of which people speak?

I used to buy Black Powder from that store and a long time ago bought a Ruger .45cal semi from him, way before him ratting out BP. He never was friendly but I just wanted to buy .45 cal and Not make friends and have him over to met the wife and have a beer & BBQ with.

Last edited:
I haven't set foot in there since Fred died. Fred was a good guy and started casting bullets on Magma machines and I was bringing alloy over to his house and helping a bit. He gave me a few moldsI have yet to use.
Now Ted, I asked about a 30 round 10-22 mag he had for sale that was not pre-ban and he said don't worry about it. That told me all I needed to know about him.
It would have been Karma if someone ratted him out to the AG for that. It's a felony for the seller as well as the buyer.
Call DoR and ask if they've been getting sales tax remittances on
firearms transfer services from the shop.
Because he charges sales tax on services.

(Underscoring mine).

It's the least you can do for him.

(You're trolling the state for an Oh Really? reaction.

NES Opinions blow hot and cold on whether the state will get exercised
about a shopkeeper scrupulously forwarding them taxes on non-taxable things.

NES Opinions are perhaps more uniform about the state saddling up
if someone is collecting "taxes" which they don't then remit.
Everyone wants to wet their beak).
When I queried the MA DOR about getting a refund of the $8.00 sales tax I was illegally charged by Walter Duddy, Law Enforcement Supply for a small gun safe (I did NOT tell them who the dealer was), they asked me to file a tax fraud complaint with the AG's office. So you don't get your money back, but they apparently will investigate and prosecute.

In the computer flea market business, there was a dealer who never paid sales tax to the state and I was told that he was convicted and barred from working in that business by the AG's office. So apparently they get really vicious about vendors not paying the state.

What's this "armpit" of which people speak?
Also known as the "Brockton Triangle", it consists loosely of a triangle formed by Brockton, Fall River and New Bedford. [thinking]

Nothing good ever happens in the Brockton Triangle (well, certainly not to me anyway). [cheers]

Other definition: Look at the map of Massachusetts and where the "armpit" of the Cape Cod "arm" is located. [dance]

When I queried the MA DOR about getting a refund of the $8.00 sales tax I was illegally charged by Walter Duddy, Law Enforcement Supply for a small gun safe (I did NOT tell them who the dealer was), they asked me to file a tax fraud complaint with the AG's office. So you don't get your money back, but they apparently will investigate and prosecute.
93A, bay-bay. [rofl]You could be looking at 24 sweet simoleons!

In the computer flea market business, there was a dealer who never paid sales tax to the state and I was told that he was convicted and barred from working in that business by the AG's office. So apparently they get really vicious about vendors not paying the state.
Not surprised; I still remember the seals on the door
of the Chinese restaurant in Marlboro that didn't kick upstairs.[shocked]

Well about 3 years ago I went there to buy a firearm FTF. The seller wanted it to be FFL transfer. I wasn't charged sales tax and would not have paid it if he had charged. The shop had quite a bit of stock at that time and a lot of reloading material. Nothing was priced appropriately for that sized shop and the counter staff couldn't find there own private parts even with three helpers. The owner had to do the work and he does quite accurately resemble a rat in appearance and demeanor. I have never returned to that place since hearing his back story. Dave Santouri is out back in the next building and he is one of the very best gunsmiths I have ever patronized. His shop is so difficult to find the rat's existence serves the useful purpose of a landmark to get to Dave's. It could also serve that function if it was destroyed by lighting and only a crater survived. Then one could say that Dave's shop is behind the hole in the ground where the rat did business.

Which is funny because when he found out I carried on a preban Glock 20 mag, he flipped out on me

What is GP?
G@y Parlor.

Only go there if you want to listen to an ex SF sniper tell you how active durty people can buy large cap mags and if you want them to call the AG and tell her everything you said and looked at.

Now Ted, I asked about a 30 round 10-22 mag he had for sale that was not pre-ban and he said don't worry about it.
I see nothing wrong with that. What was the issue?
"... not pre-ban ..."

You need to take a long lunch hour in Salisbury, NH some day.

So turning this discussion productive. I know people have seen a rat in the area. But has anyone seen a spring Turkey in the NA area? Asking for a friend.

F’ him.

Heard he was trying to sell a while ago and for a LOT despite having crap for inventory, let alone a bad reputation.

What did he do to incur the nes wrath...

That's the shop I bought my first and second gun at....nothing to write home about but it was ok

It would be a laugh to get 5 people together and go visit that shop. All arrive separately a few minutes apart so as not to appear to be "colluding." First guy looks some random item and tells him it's an over priced piece of crap, second guy comes in and asks about some ammo, tells guy the price is a friggin joke. Of course the guy is happy to see 2nd guy come in so he can break it off with 1st guy. Leave after all 5 are in there telling him that everything about the place sucks.
If someone gets it all on video, I’ll drop 60-80 bux on gas for that laugh!!

Yes he did, which resulted in a long time refusal of companies to ship ammo or components to Mass. some still refuse.
I recall the Rat telling me that some wouldn't ship to him (FFL) either, so he had Dave Santurri order the ammo/components and picked them up from Dave. This was a very long time ago, when Dave was operating out of RI.

Aside from being a world class douchenozzle, The guy is a lazy slob.
Look at the friggin mess and clutter behind him. The guy hasn't received a shipment in 5 months so he has had plenty of time to clean up, but he just doesn't GAF.
Really takes pride in his business. Totally shitified.
Even if he didn't do the Glock thing, what kind of grab ass piece of shit runs his business like that?

View attachment 464102
I was thinking the same thing. On top of it looking like shit he knew they were going to post the pictures with the article and couldnt be bothered to clean it up. Real pride of ownership.

Back
Top Bottom