• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our friend at the North Attleboro LGS in the news...

Ha. With the woe is me tune he’s singing I doubt there’s any sh!t tickets in there. You’ll be duck walking outta there.

Ive heard so much about how much of a dick licker this guy is I really wanna take the drive to just see the place.

I stopped in once about ten years ago for the same reason: I'd read about him here.

About the best thing he had in there was an Arisaka with an unground mum. Literally everything else was pretty junky. Ammo prices were higher than I wanted to pay, so I was out the door about four minutes after I went in.

There were two other guys in there with Oven, chewing the fat, talking about fishing and pink revolvers. They paid about as much attention to me as I did to them.

Not worth the drive, even if you live right around the corner.

I stopped in once about ten years ago for the same reason: I'd read about him here.

About the best thing he had in there was an Arisaka with an unground mum. Literally everything else was pretty junky. Ammo prices were higher than I wanted to pay, so I was out the door about four minutes after I went in.

There were two other guys in there with Oven, chewing the fat, talking about fishing and pink revolvers. They paid about as much attention to me as I did to them.

Not worth the drive, even if you live right around the corner.
My truck gets 12 mpg, gotta be a 2 hr drive each way....still Kinda interested!!

You've been warned.

Just make sure you go on a day that Gartman is open, so you can actually do some enjoyable gun shopping on the trip.👍
Santurri is in the same plaza so not a total waste if you need any gun repairs or mods done just saying you need to see the bright side of the coin.

Santurri is in the same plaza so not a total waste if you need any gun repairs or mods done just saying you need to see the bright side of the coin.

I have a gun that, via its previous owner, was built by him, and I have to say he did a great job on it. Well fitted.

Aside from being a world class douchenozzle, The guy is a lazy slob.
Look at the friggin mess and clutter behind him. The guy hasn't received a shipment in 5 months so he has had plenty of time to clean up, but he just doesn't GAF.
Really takes pride in his business. Totally shitified.
Even if he didn't do the Glock thing, what kind of grab ass piece of shit runs his business like that?

1616291924373.png

Aside from being a world class douchenozzle, The guy is a lazy slob.
Look at the friggin mess and clutter behind him. The guy hasn't received a shipment in 5 months so he has had plenty of time to clean up, but he just doesn't GAF.
Really takes pride in his business. Totally shitified.
Even if he didn't do the Glock thing, what kind of grab ass piece of shit runs his business like that?

View attachment 464102
Ironic there’s a Glock sticker on the gun safe...

IDK if Attleboro is a green town or not but this quote is ridiculous.

"In Attleboro, the largest community in The Sun Chronicle’s readership area, new applications are taking up to seven months to process, according to Officer Richard Berube, who handles firearms applications full time.

Prior to the pandemic last March, Berube processed up to 15 new and renewal applications combined per week.

Now, Berube said, he takes an average of 15 new applications a week, almost four times the weekly average in the last three years."

Ok...? So you have to process 2 applications a day?

Weird how few negative firearm statements that article has for a MA media publication
Maybe the reporter looked at the data on people arming up
and is suddenly feeling outnumbered.

Wouldn't be the first time the MSM flip-flopped like that.

If he hasn't got a gun shipment in 5 months he's not trying.
He has lost lots of volume because of BPS and Gartman, probably AFS, too. Many years ago those three did not exist so there was no pressure.... he probably doesn't get s*** for allocation and doesn't use non conventional methods to get guns.
(Maybe his wholesalers consider him "trying").

(Maybe his wholesalers consider him "trying").

I can visualize like a distributor sales rep seeing "Ted Oven" show up on his phone. And the guy is thinking "Oh no, not this faahkin guy again... this guy still thinks he's Four Seasons south.... that might have been true.... 15 years ago. " [rofl]

Good guy wholesaler?

What dist rep is going to stick his neck out for a guy who has been kicking his own ass and flushing the toilet on his own shoes since BPS showed up in the area? The irony of it is NET used to be sort of a big deal, but he failed to move with the times even a little bit and got caught up in a torrent of shit. He literally was in position to be King Of The Armpit and could have had people driving all up from all over the region to buy shit from him, but he basically squandered it.

IDK if Attleboro is a green town or not but this quote is ridiculous.

"In Attleboro, the largest community in The Sun Chronicle’s readership area, new applications are taking up to seven months to process, according to Officer Richard Berube, who handles firearms applications full time.

Prior to the pandemic last March, Berube processed up to 15 new and renewal applications combined per week.

Now, Berube said, he takes an average of 15 new applications a week, almost four times the weekly average in the last three years."

Ok...? So you have to process 2 applications a day?
So they are not alarmed that the police department in Attleboro is in violation of the law? They have 40 days to process. No more.

Good guy wholesaler?
In effect if not intent?

What dist rep is going to stick his neck out for a guy who has been kicking his own ass and flushing the toilet on his own shoes since BPS showed up in the area?
Could be worse?

Remember Sportsman's Trading Company on 101A
(immediately next to SO2's location),
who pocketed deposits and was always gonna
buy the guns to fill the orders, mañana?

He had some random crep in inventory.
The one time I went in (well-warned - just to scout the shop)
I almost bought a vial of airgun oil -
I'd never seen it on a retail shelf.
(Probably rebadged 3-in-One or Rem Oil; but let that go).

But I decided that would be wrong.

Imagine being a distributor who is supposed to service
that jackwad. He was only reviled on NES
as someone who took money for guns he never delivered.
What if he also tried jerking around his supply chain...? [shocked]

I'm not trying to defend NET -
I'm just saying maybe there can be worse retailers
from a wholesaler's perspective.

So they are not alarmed that the police department in Attleboro is in violation of the law? They have 40 days to process. No more.
We feel your pain, but...
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

In effect if not intent?

Could be worse?

We feel your pain, but...
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg
Oh, I know. I just have this thing about the law being the law. We all need to follow it, or none of us need to follow it.

Could be worse?

[/SPOILER]

Lol yeah that guy was something else, but honestly he was so corrupt I dont think he bought a lot of his guns in traditional distribution channels. Additionally, his prices sucked enough that at least if the market was fat, he could easily get whatever from low tier, low allocation distribution. One of the guys who posted here said he pretty much got a gun (A walther, IIRC) from that guy that looked like it had been fired a whole bunch of times. I honestly think he scraped up LNIB shit on gunbroker or gunsamerica and flipped it as "new" and got away with it, if only because people got tired of waiting to get their gun and were just happy to get something.

I haven't set foot in there since Fred died. Fred was a good guy and started casting bullets on Magma machines and I was bringing alloy over to his house and helping a bit. He gave me a few moldsI have yet to use.
Now Ted, I asked about a 30 round 10-22 mag he had for sale that was not pre-ban and he said don't worry about it. That told me all I needed to know about him.

I make the drive down to drop stuff all the time with Santurri and even though the rat’s shop is literally right next door, I won’t even take the extra 5 seconds to stop in.

Back
Top Bottom