• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our clueless mainstream media

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC has been running the same picture in multiple stories today about the Denver protest shooting, with multiple reporters. Go in to about 50 seconds into the video linked below. The reporter is saying that the picture shows the two men "moments before he opened fire". If you look at the picture, which the "reporters" clearly did not, the slide on the handgun is in mid-cycle and the ejected case is visible about 6" above the gun. The picture is moments after the security guard fired. The victim just hasn't had time to fall.

But, layers and layers of fact checkers.

As a side note, and just judging from the picture, Pinkerton's standards don't seem to be what I would expect from an old-school firm. It also appears he wasn't licensed as a security guard. Considering he was hired by a television station, anyone holding his breath waiting for a news expose on that? Also: "It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests." Why? I thought these protests were all mostly peaceful.

Last edited:
Newscasters aren’t there to report fact or truth but to get you to watch. With a proliferation of news stations, they are just lazy. I used to yell at the TV when watching the “stock” report. It was just words thrown at the teleprompter. Never truth or fact well, I guess them quoting the DJIA was a fact. That was it.

Hence, I don’t watch the news. Ever. Any station.

Pinkerton's standards don't seem to be what I would expect from an old-school firm.

1602470384640.png
Allan Pinkerton and his agents at Antietam, Maryland, in October 1862. (Credit: PhotoQuest/Getty Images)

That's what you get for giving ABC NEWS clicks.

Not clueless, intentional malice. I do not believe this scumbag was working for anyone other than soros. If he was with media it was as a handler not protection. Pinkerton angle is interesting as it seems Pinkerton is OK with being outed as on a certain side. Has anyone harmed the media? Maybe antifa at some point. Cripes the media is America's enemy and we still have yet to engage them. Not saying anyone should, but if war and the media come to you kill the media first.

As a side note, and just judging from the picture, Pinkerton's standards don't seem to be what I would expect from an old-school firm. It also appears he wasn't licensed as a security guard. Considering he was hired by a television station, anyone holding his breath waiting for a news expose on that?

I worked a brief gig for Pinkerton's many years ago. I don't know about now but they had grooming standards then.

If he wasn't licensed as a security guard, I doubt the station contracted with Pinkerton's for security, they likely retained him directly.

Unless they didn't. From reports that his social media presence was as a confirmed leftist, likely with links to Antifa and or BLM. It was probably one of those groups or their affiliated cover groups (maintained for plausible deniability) the station contracted with. A pretty lucrative fundraising racket for the mostly peaceful protesters.

The Pinkerton's connection is almost certainly spin by complicit media to give armed Antifa a veneer of legitimacy.

Birds of a feather...

If you think that the MSM is clueless, it's like arriving at a poker game: you look around the room, and, if you can't spot the sucker, it's you.

Their job is not to "inform" but to inflame, to push an agenda (watch this station for breaking news! = $), and to perpetuate whatever narrative is popular (=$)

This is why there's a "Weather Girl Scissor Fight" thread - I'm not saying that our local presenters are not qualified, but one of the factors on who gets on-air is how they look in a dress.

It's a business, and all about the Benjamins. Most of the people that see the story you referenced would not notice, or care. If they did notice, they'd think was the shoulder thing that goes up.

My cousin is a morning anchor on wcvb 5, a couple of mornings I would be messaging him in the middle of the newscast pointing out what I saw as mistakes. To his credit, he was answering every time he was off camera.

Years ago, there was an editorial about "hack holidays", specifically Evacuation Day on 5. Bill Fine said something about how it was a turning point in the Revolution. I emailed, and pointed out that it happened before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

During the evening re-broadcast, it was re-edited (though no email reply, or acknowledgement that they got it wrong, earlier).

ABC has been running the same picture in multiple stories today about the Denver protest shooting, with multiple reporters. Go in to about 50 seconds into the video linked below. The reporter is saying that the picture shows the two men "moments before he opened fire". If you look at the picture, which the "reporters" clearly did not, the slide on the handgun is in mid-cycle and the ejected case is visible about 6" above the gun. The picture is moments after the security guard fired. The victim just hasn't had time to fall.

But, layers and layers of fact checkers.

As a side note, and just judging from the picture, Pinkerton's standards don't seem to be what I would expect from an old-school firm. It also appears he wasn't licensed as a security guard. Considering he was hired by a television station, anyone holding his breath waiting for a news expose on that? Also: "It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests." Why? I thought these protests were all mostly peaceful.

You have learned nothing Grasshopper if you believe our mainstream media is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom