Ouch! How to F up a $3000 Python.

That thing would look good with a polished finish and a bath in molten salt .

Or , vapor blast , vibratory tumble to rid it of sharp edges and have BEC give it a few touches of morse code milling and the grey cerakote .

Yeah, the great thing about that gun is that you can now do whatever you want to it without feeling bad. The bad part is that you need to pay a huge premium over a normal python to purchase it.

I think if I were going to to engrave a rare and/or expensive pistol (probably wouldn't), I'd at least want to get it hand done. There is little artistry or craft that makes engraving special if it's done with a computer.

Yikes. Looks like someone bought the design for a Python but didn't realize you still have to align to your machine/lens etc. I'm guessing whoever engraved it sold it cheap and the dealer who bought it is passing it off like it isn't completely f*cked up (the whole thing is f*cked, not just the cutout). Which isn't surprising considering who it is.

I don't know about that as the top bottom and side edges appear to be where they should be....

But somebody screwed the pooch when they specified where the blank panel should have been on the X and Y axis for sure

I don't know about that as the top bottom and side edges appear to be where they should be....

But somebody screwed the pooch when they specified where the blank panel should have been on the X and Y axis for sure
It's completely botched. Look at the cutouts for the screws/pins. Cutout for text on one side but not the other. Covered up the roll mark and QR code (bet he bought the design for a classic Python and figured he could use it on a new one). Underside of the lug is misaligned. Rear sight base cutout is crooked.

It's completely botched. Look at the cutouts for the screws/pins. Cutout for text on one side but not the other. Covered up the roll mark and QR code (bet he bought the design for a classic Python and figured he could use it on a new one). Underside of the lug is misaligned. Rear sight base cutout is crooked.

look at the '' engraving'' on the left rear above the cylinder release. It looks like on overlapped photo.

I used to program several laser engraving machines at my last job, and there is typically a "dry run" feature that will trace the outline of what you are going to ablate/anneal with a (non-marking) visible laser so you can get a preview of the final product. I probably would have used that on a 3000 dollar gun :oops:

Back
Top Bottom