• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Other sites for firearms classifieds, FTF deals?

Anyone know of any other good sites for used firearms deals?
Ive already got an account on armslist as well. I dont have a cel phone and they verify with a text message I cant reply to. They are also really swamped with emails and support took me a week to get through to support about it.
Gunbroker seems geared to doing everything via FFL.

NES classifieds are solid. If that’s not working out for you I doubt anything else will. Arms list is comparatively garbage. The best thing I did in MA was cultivate relationships with various FFLs, although nowadays with insane demand it’s probably less useful in short term. Down here forum classifieds are low volume. consignment seems most prevalent. while I hate my cell phone I cannot imagine doing any FTF transactions without one nor agreeing to an FTF w someone who has no direct contact.

gunbroker serves to provide a larger net. Transactions between states require an FFL. it’s a good resource for what it is. Some morons use it for all purchases and get hosed. I rarely use GB but have found specific items making it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Looking for oddball small caliber stuff like calico and keltec PMR-30, so the more places I can search the better. Gunbroker had some deals but of course its all ship to FFL.

Looking for oddball small caliber stuff like calico and keltec PMR-30, so the more places I can search the better. Gunbroker had some deals but of course its all ship to FFL.
Why is following federal law and shipping to an ffl an issue? What problem are you trying to solve other than sourcing a gun? Once you find it and pay for it the ffl will do their job and transfer the gun.

Something else is going on here that you are not explaining.

You will also have a real problem working with good, modern FFLs to transfer good guns without the ability to text. I do 90% of my customer interactions by text.

North Central Mass means you can’t be far from the gun Mecca in Littleton where everything legal is possible. But dude, get a working cell phone or get left behind

Why is following federal law and shipping to an ffl an issue?

Why is following federal law and buying FTF an issue to you?

The only unusual thing here is the no cell phone thing.

OP get a cell phone. Google FI is 25 a month and has better coverage than my Verizon phone.

Just about every firearms related site has a classifieds forum. Find one for your wierdo firearm of choice and look for leads. Eventually you'll find one in your state.

Looking for oddball small caliber stuff like calico and keltec PMR-30, so the more places I can search the better.

and look for better firearms too 🙃

Why is following federal law and shipping to an ffl an issue? What problem are you trying to solve other than sourcing a gun? Once you find it and pay for it the ffl will do their job and transfer the gun.
[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming it's a dollar thing. Especially on oddball small caliber. Not all of them, But a lot are low dollar items. So when you find something for $235. But then It cost you almost a hundred bucks to ship and transfer it it's no longer a deal. On a higher cost firearm 1500 -2000. Shipping and transfer are a lot less % wise.

Anyone know of any other good sites for used firearms deals?
Ive already got an account on armslist as well. I dont have a cel phone and they verify with a text message I cant reply to. They are also really swamped with emails and support took me a week to get through to support about it.
Gunbroker seems geared to doing everything via FFL.
Go get a Tracfone. They are cheap, problem solved. Now you can use this number for all your deals without giving out your home number.

As to tracking you and spying, just leave it at home.

Looking for 22 since I dont have a ton of money to throw around right now and its the cheapest thing to shoot. And looking to buy F2F is still legal under federal law last time I checked. Conducting a private sale does not make you a criminal. It does not make you someone who would want to do so at 3am in roxbury crossing, thank you.
I have an LTC which boston police gave me 15 years ago and have renewed each time since.
Some of us really have a thing for our privacy and 99% of the population will never understand that, I get it.
I really dont want to be tracked, data mined, surveilled, whatever. Using invasive tech tells these companies we will just roll over and take it.
Not wanting to participate in the surveillance state does not make you a criminal.
I understand the privacy thing but even a ftf will include an online efa10 same as FFL. Only difference is a counter person not seeing you. Or do you just not want to be seen in a gun shop?

Looking for 22 since I dont have a ton of money to throw around right now and its the cheapest thing to shoot. And looking to buy F2F is still legal under federal law last time I checked. Conducting a private sale does not make you a criminal. It does not make you someone who would want to do so at 3am in roxbury crossing, thank you.
I have an LTC which boston police gave me 15 years ago and have renewed each time since.
Some of us really have a thing for our privacy and 99% of the population will never understand that, I get it.
I really dont want to be tracked, data mined, surveilled, whatever. Using invasive tech tells these companies we will just roll over and take it.
Not wanting to participate in the surveillance state does not make you a criminal.

I get all that. I'm no fan of Big Tech either.

But you're buying a weirdo gun. As a Massachusetts LTC holder. You're not exactly wallowing in oddball firearms products. The people here are trying to gently tell you that part of the answer to the question you're asking in this thread involves a smartphone for best results.

If you want to maximize your access to what you want to buy, there are choices you'll need to make in order to allow that to happen with less frustration, despite some harms. If you want to avoid those harms, then you're also choosing to minimize your access.

I understand the privacy thing but even a ftf will include an online efa10 same as FFL. Only difference is a counter person not seeing you. Or do you just not want to be seen in a gun shop?
Think he's saying he doesn't want a cell that tracks him.

Listen, he got a boston LTC, he can buy ftf all day every day as long as its efa10'd if thats his wish.

There are services such as textbetter.com which will allow you to text using your email account, no cel phone required.

I hate to say this, but if you have a MA LTC you’ve already forfeited your privacy. If you are going to follow the law and EFA 10 any purchase, the seller will have to see your LTC. I frankly would rather trust a known FFL with my LTC info than some random dude I contacted through ARMSLIST.

I hate to say this, but if you have a MA LTC you’ve already forfeited your privacy. If you are going to follow the law and EFA 10 any purchase, the seller will have to see your LTC. I frankly would rather trust a known FFL with my LTC info than some random dude I contacted through ARMSLIST.
I thought about adding this to my response, but I can see the OP's point: he's making a distinction between the Surveillance State and Big Tech, which I get.

The Commonwealth being invasive about your gun rights is one thing. Zuckerberg hijacking your cellphone camera is another. In another ten years, I doubt there'll be a difference though. So I try to stock up while I can.

I think your comment complaining about having to go through an FFL for gunbroker deals, which are mostly interstate deals that therefore need to go through an FFL by law, is throwing some people off.

I have had mixed results with NES and Armslist. Gunbroker has always been solid for me. That said, being outgoing at your range is always a good idea also. You never know if someone is selling something you want.

I thought about adding this to my response, but I can see the OP's point: he's making a distinction between the Surveillance State and Big Tech, which I get.

The Commonwealth being invasive about your gun rights is one thing. Zuckerberg hijacking your cellphone camera is another. In another ten years, I doubt there'll be a difference though. So I try to stock up while I can.
I wasn’t trying to address the OPs reluctance to have a cell phone, more his desire to do a FTF transfer rather than go through an FFL. I think the best way to preserve your privacy is to establish a good relationship with a trustworthy local FFL. In MA, the only difference between a FTF and a FFL transfer is that the FFL will run a NICS check and fill out a 4473. But in MA you already need to eFA 10 any transfer, and that info is kept in the state’s database forever. The NICS check is supposed to be removed after 48 hours and even the FFL’s 4473 can be destroyed after 20 years. If I wanted to get a rare or different gun and maintain my privacy, I would establish a good relationship with a small local FFL and then pay him/her a commission to go out and find it for me and then do a local transfer. A good FFL will even be able to structure a legal way to get most off list handguns. Just my 2 cents.

And exactly WHY do you say this? I am following the law as written.
Im out, too disgusted to continue.
Was a simple question, devolved into narcs looking for criminals.

No offense, but have you been to NES before?

Most of us were trying to be helpful and respectful. Even the snark was given along with valid questions, clarifications, and contributions. It's too bad you can't tell the difference.

And exactly WHY do you say this? I am following the law as written.
Im out, too disgusted to continue.
Was a simple question, devolved into narcs looking for criminals.

Well, that was quick.

So , you dont want to deal with gunbroker and an FFL and dont want to do a face to face sale ? Other than someone leaving a pistol for you in a trash barrel or dumpster, how else do you plan on purchasing one?

Put an ad in the classifieds and see if you get any bites. And, as mentioned, put a wtb on arms list.

Back
Top Bottom